What's new

Real Silver Dollars at the Bank

coinfinder

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I stopped by a Korean bank today. I have had a lot of good luck getting silver halves there. I asked the tellers if they had halves and they produced 60 dollars worth. Just before leaving I asked if they had any large dollars. A teller pulls out a Styrofoam cup with 12 Ike's in it and offers it to me. Immediately I hear a "clank".

Sure enough, 1976 s. That is the second one this year. Also, the halves yielded 4 1964s and 6 40 percenters. Not a bad take for the day.

Has anyone else had luck getting real silver dollars? at a bank?
 
Upvote 0
Wow nice work on the silver Ike and the halves as well! It's not easy finding those things in the wild.

I haven't found any personally.

~Dave
 
Great job on the silver.

I have bought about 4 bags of large dollars($4,000 worth) and only found 3 silvers...

Keep up the good work.

Jason
 
I stopped in at a bank in North Carolina just on the mainland before we got to the outer banks. I bought $100 worth of halves. The rolls had a gentleman's name on them so I knew the possibility was good. Found 26 silvers, 5 -90%'ers and 21 -40%'ers.

ALSO, went to the local antique mall (westminster, MD). There in a wooden bucket above eye level was some silverware. You could just see about an inch of the handle of one. I reached up and the serving spoon I pulled down was definitely silver. I flipped it over looking for a hallmark or something to prove it was silver...nothing. Then I noticed the hallmarks were on the top inside the actual spoon part. I will try and post a close up of the hallmarks later.

Total of 3.3 lbs of silver and I paid $122.00! Not bad for a rookie...

Alan
 

Attachments

  • Photo_061808_002.webp
    Photo_061808_002.webp
    129.1 KB · Views: 517
Korean bank = Silver mine
 
In December of 08 I was looking for halves and the teller offered me a silver eagle for a dollar. This year in January a teller offered me a half dozen or so Ikes,and I saw the silver edge,took them and got one.
 
Picked up a Peace dollar at my dump bank the other day. ::) Teller just offered it up.

I bought about 1100 Ikes a while back and found one silver 73.
 
Korean bank = Silver mine
here in Philly we have a large section called Chinatown. there are several Asian banks there but i have yet to find even 1 half dollar or dollar coin. they always look at me like i'm nuts
9CA5VV238CAF1NF5NCAKGSS3YCAHCDFWQCA6AXP7YCAGWIZEQCAOZ8CKNCAZ3DROMCAXNC9GPCAUNFHAFCAYM696VCAD9...webp
840842.webp
AnitaEpisode1.webp
IMG_5471.webp
 
Almost got 20 morgans at my credit union, but, TELLER INTERCEPT! She's now the proud owner, won't sell, nuts!
 
Nice going on the silver, especially the ike. Found 2 silver dollars over the counter, a 1976-s ike and a morgan with a hole in it.
 
I got a teller that saves everything for me even robs other tellers drawers lol ok phrased that wrong she doesnt rob them but if they have anything she gets them for me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom