GrizLeeBear
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2013
- Messages
- 555
- Reaction score
- 383
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Full Time In An RV
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GTI 1500
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
as far as the first part of your question, about tresspassing, everybody's "zero" answer could be in entirely legitimate. But as for the second part of your question, about digging where you shouldn't, then maybe those same people never go on public land ? Because guaranteed that all public parks , schools, campgrounds, etc... have rules forbidding alterations, defacing, and maybe even the specific word "digging ".
Thus none of us who turf hunts public parks can *technically* say he's never "dug where he shouldn't have". But as long as you lay low, and aren't a nuisance,, you're usually okay.
I CAN say that if the place was POSTED as no MD I did not go there. If it is a public park and it is not posted, it is fair game. However, if asked to leave by competent authority I do so, but first ask why. If I get a poor answer I may push the envelope a little. As with so much in life..."It all depends..."
I never new this was illegal until this past year. Being our Co source of water I thought it was a public lake. "You know what say about ignorace of the law". IN this state as in many [prob] you need to have written permission of the land owner to LEGALLY hunt someones property ,most of the time Ionly get verbal. [with silly law suites no person wants to sign their name to nada] In those cases was I breaking the law probably. With so many foreclosed property's & un developed sub div cut in but never started ,that are bank owned its kinda hard to call the bank pres & get written permission from he or she so I usually call the real estate agent listed and they give me a yes or no ,mostly its "I dont have a problem with that" Then Im supposed to further burden their day and say where is your office or can I meet you some where to get written permission for that
which in EVERY CASE HAS BEEN ,"OH WELL I CANT DO THAT" So the answer is ? have I MD where I was not supposed to
[ JUST FOR THE RECORD ALL ABOVE COULD BE TRUE OR UNTRUE, I THINK I 
), who would hit the yards while they sat vacant and boarded up.







