What's new

Reality check (for me): What percentage of your hunts ...?????????????????????

tigerbeetle

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
166
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What percentage of your hunts either entail trespassing or digging where you probably shouldn't??? Be honest. It might offer an interesting insight into the state of our hobby.
 

Attachments

  • dogspook.webp
    dogspook.webp
    10 KB · Views: 206
0 %

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
 
Zero. Why risk a fine or even losing your equipment?
 
None, Actually I think I pass up hunts that are probably ok for me to hunt because I don't want to chance ruining metal detecting for everyone or giving others a bad image of this hobby.
 
0% here as well
 
None,as jibb put it i represent others and do not want a poor image.
No desire to be worried about causing trouble for myself either.
 
Are you serious?
... I think he is .......I don't know what he thinks ones are going to say..... OH WE break the law all the time....Even if they do they will not tell ... They will all say never , never , not me..
 
Did once. When I realized I was on private land, I left!
 
Never on purpose. I'm sure I have strayed over a 'line' by a few yards, but only when the 'line' was not clearly marked by a fence. Usually when I get permission I ask about neighbors to be wary of. The great majority of the time I am doing a 'site' as opposed to a 'property', so the issue is seldom relevant.
 
as far as the first part of your question, about tresspassing, everybody's "zero" answer could be in entirely legitimate. But as for the second part of your question, about digging where you shouldn't, then maybe those same people never go on public land ? Because guaranteed that all public parks , schools, campgrounds, etc... have rules forbidding alterations, defacing, and maybe even the specific word "digging ".

Thus none of us who turf hunts public parks can *technically* say he's never "dug where he shouldn't have". But as long as you lay low, and aren't a nuisance,, you're usually okay.
 
None. I've metal detected for 36 years but I've never entered an individual's property without permission. Of course, I've hunted public areas such as city parks without express permission if allowed by local law.
 
You see the answers are going to be like .... When a cop pulls you over for drunk driving..... No officer i had nothing to drink tonight.... OR all i had to drink officer was one beer....:laughing9:.:laughing9: :laughing7:
 
You won't get admissions to this sin. That's not because it doesn't exist though. I don't believe that anyone purposely trespasses but I do think there's a camp in detecting who go places figuring to get forgiveness and they possibly hunt lots more spots than I have in 2+ years. I am just sayin.... martin
 
Only 1 beer here!!! Ok 6 We always check where we Hunt But Hunting On the Edge It pans Out!!!! Make sure your hunting with Permission or where you Can With out Problems!!! Remember The Sheriff Might Vist HH Chug
 
Any relic hunter whose been doing this for years and tell you they have never trespassed a time or two either goes too church every sunday and is the most honest man like your grandpa or is lying... But trespassing these days isnt like trespassing in the 80s or early 90s more people getting upset these days.
 
You see the answers are going to be like .... When a cop pulls you over for drunk driving..... No officer i had nothing to drink tonight.... OR all i had to drink officer was one beer....:laughing9:.:laughing9: :laughing7:
I stopped a woman one night. Arrested her for dwi. During the filmed interrogation, I asked, "Did you have any drinks tonight that contained alcohol?" She answered "Yes. One margarita. But it was that BIG one." Thank you. TTC
 
0% for me as well.
The vast majority of my detecting is done on public land and the few times it isn't public land it's always with permission or not at all. I've had one or two instances while detecting beaches at a reservoir that was drawn down for winter when landowners (who didn't know the law) took exception and complained to me in which case i would politely "move along" even though I was not legally trespassing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom