Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The local bank called me and told me that they had a half bag for me. I ran right over there and grabbed it.

I could see 1 40% Kennedy through the plastic, but as I went through them silver kept popping up!

47 - 40% Kennedy's

12 - 90% Kennedy's
5 - 90% Franklins

a really nice bag.

20221008_193947.jpg

Upvote 14

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The local bank called me and told me that they had a half bag for me. I ran right over there and grabbed it.

I could see 1 40% Kennedy through the plastic, but as I went through them silver kept popping up!

47 - 40% Kennedy's

12 - 90% Kennedy's
5 - 90% Franklins

a really nice bag.

View attachment 2049746
Ben,

That's an outstanding haul. Just think -- had you not intercepted all of these halves, they might have gone to Loomis and my next box could actually have had some silver (instead of likely being my 13th consecutive skunk box).

All kidding aside, this bag shows that there is still silver to be had.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben,

That's an outstanding haul. Just think -- had you not intercepted all of these halves, they might have gone to Loomis and my next box could actually have had some silver (instead of likely being my 13th consecutive skunk box).

All kidding aside, this bag shows that there is still silver to be had.

yup that is only way silver gets into circulation. My next box had 1 90% Kennedy and 3 40% So I have had 1 skunk, 1 box with 1 40% then the bag and then a box with the 1 and 3

Silver is getting harder to find

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going I have a couple of banks call me also. The last time they called me i think it was about 360 dollars worth. I went and got them right away,. NOT ONE KEEPER i think someone turned there search back in . I have had some decent luck in the past though

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Remind my feeble old memory where the bank gets the bags?
Many banks have coin counters in their lobbies. When a bag fills they replace it with an empty bag and put the full one aside to be picked up by a courier, Loomis Guaria, Wells Fargo, and they count and wrap and then send them back out in boxes

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
1968 Proof in there it looks like :)

correct! When I first saw it I thought it was a polished coin. I had previously found one so compared the one in my Dansco album to the new one and put the best on in my CRH half album.
So I put it in the coin tube with my other 40% finds even though it might be worth a bit more than a normal 40%er

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going I have a couple of banks call me also. The last time they called me i think it was about 360 dollars worth. I went and got them right away,. NOT ONE KEEPER i think someone turned there search back in . I have had some decent luck in the past though

That has happened to me also but you don't want to say no as they may not call the next time...

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got lots of proofs too. Amazing haul. I always wonder how proofs end up back in circulation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread