postalgriff
Silver Member
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2008
- Messages
- 2,801
- Reaction score
- 1,093
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southern Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Haven't been able to get out much been doing projects and gardening on my day off. This week I did A little on my lunch break in a ballfield and today detected an old farmhouse and found a few keepers. I found the barber, buffalo nickel, and six wheats in a spill so that was cool. Found the shield nickel and Civil War cuff button not far from each other and promised that shield nickel to the owner because he had documentation that his family bought the property in 1867. Crotal bell has a nice ring to it
From what I can tell the floral button dates 1830-1840. Lots of fun relics. Felt good to get out I've been itching. Thanks for looking happy hunting, Griff.
From what I can tell the floral button dates 1830-1840. Lots of fun relics. Felt good to get out I've been itching. Thanks for looking happy hunting, Griff.Attachments
-
image.webp550.7 KB · Views: 151 -
image.webp824.3 KB · Views: 141 -
image.webp105.4 KB · Views: 134 -
image.webp124.1 KB · Views: 124 -
image.webp431.4 KB · Views: 165 -
image.webp709.2 KB · Views: 148 -
image.webp589.7 KB · Views: 140 -
image.webp181.1 KB · Views: 139 -
image.webp116.7 KB · Views: 124 -
image.webp83.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Great coins! - love the Barber and Shield nic. Very cool to give back to the property owner with his family history. 






