What's new

Recent large pieces

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been on some 30 minute hunts afterwork and no points but my eyes have been spotting the bigger ones haha
 

Attachments

  • image-1709924544.webp
    image-1709924544.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1296846969.webp
    image-1296846969.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-2015327251.webp
    image-2015327251.webp
    45 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3246185252.webp
    image-3246185252.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2982634868.webp
    image-2982634868.webp
    41 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Well that last one is the largest. They all have some work going on. Makes me wonder why they quit the reduction. Could all be preforms. Or used as is. Hard to determine. Nice artifact saves!!!
 
I've said it before and I'll say again. You must live at the epicenter of stone tool making. You always show some good stuff.!!!!
 
Thanks guys and gals it is funny how many pieces like these that are around but some just have a more appealing look . I found that big one within a hundred feet of my house it must of got washed out in the last flood I always save my property hunting till after I hunt the spots others hunt as well . The material is very pretty maybe I can get a better day light picture ...
 
Man Painter you find some of the largest worked stone , all the time. They all look great and are just as much an artifact as a point.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
I believe that they worked them down like that to use as trading pieces. Seeing I find some stone that shouldnt be here where I live I believe allot of the unfinished pieces were left like that on purpose for trading. Im sure they couldnt carry a large rock when out exploring new rivers and creeks and needed something to trade to let them get safe passage.
Or they are toools IDK. Id like to find some like that.
 
You always seem to find a lot of nice stuff.
 
PainterX,

I think the bottom right artifact was used to fight red haired giants. Lol
 
I know you have before...but give us the lowdown on you site. Am I correct that you stuff comes essentially from the same place? Are you onto an abandoned village or is this river accumulation?....
 
Thanks rock,rack,and deadeye I love finding those pieces !!!!
 
I know you have before...but give us the lowdown on you site. Am I correct that you stuff comes essentially from the same place? Are you onto an abandoned village or is this river accumulation?....
It's a pretty nice geographical location ... Most of the pieces I find are from our farm . We have many creeks ,springs and wet weather conveyances . And the county I live in is almost a peninsula between two rivers . Hilly land with tall ridges and nice rich flat land at the bottom . If we get 2 inches of rain all the run off rapidly raises and then lowers the creek levels . The creeks change course very often and in the winter they flood once or twice a month always refreshing the creeks with new wash out artifacts . There is an over abundance of several types of chert outcrops mostly fort payne . It is just an area that was perfect for the resources the NA needed clean water , food , and rock . And this area was used from paleo to present times . I actually have a well used flint mine on the property . I hope this helps answer your question :)
 
i gets it....an indian stone walmart
 
That first one in your pics is a sweet looking artifact. Allot of work on that.
 
Does it have a bit on it? Kinda looks like a Celt
 
...yes very nice...and looks great with the red color behind, matches you avatar, dumb right? :)
 
Not dumb at all it is the exact same background ;) thank you cat !!
 
Does it have a bit on it? Kinda looks like a Celt
Yes it does rock I was thinking the same but it's pretty worn so hard to tell
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom