Red Rider Lucky coin close up and detail

D

detector77

Someone asked for a close up of this little gem, the dark image on the face is done that way to bring out the detail of the coin, this is a really nice little treasure. I wewnt back to the same spot aas yesterday for a little while this morning, and found two more wheats in the same hole as yesterday, just hunted in a different pattern, I tell you all this system will find more coins, try it and see.

Attachments

• red rider resize.JPG
    red rider resize.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,051
  • red rider resize2.JPG
    red rider resize2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,052
  • red rider resize.JPG
    red rider resize.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 806
  • red rider resize2.JPG
    red rider resize2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 866
  • red rider resize.JPG
    red rider resize.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 792
  • red rider resize2.JPG
    red rider resize2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 4
F

Floater

It was me that asked for the close up. Thanks and it is Awesome. I wonder what" Penney's For Super Value" is all about or was it bought at the old Penneys 5&10 ! Whoaa. That could be. HH

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know for sure but I think thats an old JC Penney's Tag!

Cool find,
Keep @ it and HH!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That red rider is cool. Tokens are always fun to find. Was it for the B.B guns back in the day.

HH Jeremy

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token!

HH

Lonewolfe

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Excellent token!
I think it MUST be from the old J.C Penney's stores... it's the spelling.
I did a quick google search and came up with this link:
http://collectors-exchange.com/bbs/messages/2684.shtml
A man was searching for a Red Ryder token - ASAP - back in 2003 - maybe you can still reach him and ask him what the token is about and why he was in such an all-fired hurry to get one!
No matter what - it's a pretty cool find!
Ruth

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Hmmm Nice token!!! Brings back memories!! Roy Rogers had Dale and Pat Brady, Pat had Nelliebelle, Wildbill had jingles, Cisco had Pancho, But Red Ryder was way cool, the only one with a Little Beaver ;D and yup, he was the same one who swears in his alibi that he went back to the restaurant because he forgot 'his' gun ::) They still make Red Ryder BB guns, and I plan to buy one for my Grandson on his 12th birthday..

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ironic that it is a good luck medal and some unlucky slob lost it! Leave it to me to notice things like that! JIM

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Hi,
I just bought a Red Ryder bb gun a few weeks ago. We were on our way up north to go camping and stopped off at the new Bass Pro Shops in Vaughan. I bought a new fishing rod for myself as well because one of my friends had a few too many last time and stepped on my rod and broke it. Anyways.... I always wanted a bb gun and the movie a Christmas Story made me want one even more. I didnt know they still make them so when I saw it I needed it. I also bought a bulk carton of 6000 bbs for $11.00 Can.
What a deal!! The funny thing is the clerk needed my id to buy the bbs but I didnt need it to buy the gun. Weird.

Later, Huizer

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
GunFarce said:
Hmmm Nice token!!! Brings back memories!! Roy Rogers had Dale and Pat Brady, Pat had Nelliebelle, Wildbill had jingles, Cisco had Pancho, But Red Ryder was way cool, the only one with a Little Beaver? ;D and yup, he was the same one who swears in his alibi that he went back to the restaurant because he forgot 'his' gun ::) They still make Red Ryder BB guns, and I plan to buy one for my Grandson on his 12th birthday..
Dont do it, he'll shot his eye out. At least thats what parents used to say, actually a friend of mine did take a pellet in the eye, ever since we call him One Eyed Jack. Hey! you forgot Buster Brown.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBs are very dangerous! If you swallow one you will die! I use to think that when I was about 7 years old. All us guys thought it was bunk so we all swallowed one to see if we died. Most of us didn't! JIM

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Huizer said:
Hi,
I just bought a Red Ryder bb gun a few weeks ago. We were on our way up north to go camping and stopped off at the new Bass Pro Shops in Vaughan. I bought a new fishing rod for myself as well because one of my friends had a few too many last time and stepped on my rod and broke it. Anyways.... I always wanted a bb gun and the movie a Christmas Story made me want one even more. I didnt know they still make them so when I saw it I needed it. I also bought a bulk carton of 6000 bbs for $11.00 Can.
What a deal!! The funny thing is the clerk needed my id to buy the bbs but I didnt need it to buy the gun. Weird.

Later, Huizer

WalMart in Barrie 'used' to sell them $55.00 (CDN$) I think.. But havn't seen them there for a while.. Nice to know BassPro still sells them.. I'm surprized they didn't ask you for your PAL when buying the 'dangerous' ammunition.. All the punks, gangbangers, and hoods in T.O. are forgoing their 9mm for bb guns doncha know, it's all about Anne McLellands "Liberal culture of safety" hahahahahahah

1stsniper

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2011
Logan, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
orca-image-1520995816003.jpg_1520995816186.jpeg orca-image-1520995816003.jpg_1520995816186.jpeg z. Found this Red Ryder token today, same yard dug a 1881 IHP :) orca-image-1520995878204.jpg_1520995878334.jpeg 20180313_233022.jpg

Last edited:

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, that is a real nice little coin:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread