Red's good luck charm pays off!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, I hope your all having a great weekend with lots of cool and awesome finds! We got out early, wanted to beat the heat, we headed for a good area we had scoped out yesterday, it was so beautiful, albeit a bit chilly, oh well! :laughing7: 20170730_092245_resized.jpg 20170730_092232_resized.jpg We hear Chug's name being called and wouldn't you know it, we see my dad in law! He was fishing with 2 of his buddies, he is such a great guy, he's almost always laughing. He's also my good luck charm, you'll see why very soon. 20170730_100815_resized_1.jpg After visiting and catching up, we headed down the beach, the finds started slowly, a coin here and there, got some nice grey matter, which we gave all to Bill. 20170730_092527_resized_1 (1).jpg 20170730_092530_resized.jpg yep, Chug ended up with almost 5 pounds of grey matter and close to 3 dollars in clad!:hello2: I found a few coins, and then it happened, after 6 years or so, and 3 machines later...........I scored big time! When I saw part of it in the sand, I tried to take a picture, not enough memory!:BangHead: I had to delete some photos to make room, and still not enough, so after cussing and begging I was finally able to delete enough memory to take pics! I took so long Chug came over, looked down and said "Is that what I think it is?" 20170730_080117_resized_1.jpg 20170730_080125_resized_1.jpg 20170730_083142_resized_1.jpg it's 585, gold! I finally got my first gold ring! OMG I laughed, then cried, Chug had to hug and kiss me, I danced then giggled and called Bill, "I found my first gold ring!" I call him my good luck charm because we ran into him a few years ago at a different beach where he was fishing with a friend, not long after, maybe about 10 minutes or so and I found my first silver ring, with diamonds!
Next thing you know, here comes Bill, he just had to see the ring! He starts laughing and hugs me, we talk for a bit and he goes back to his friends. By the time we were done for the day, Bill's friends had left, we gave him all the grey we had, we headed home. I cleaned the ring, and took more pics, 20170730_111820_resized.jpg 20170730_111733_resized.jpg it has a hairline crack in the shank, so I'll only wear it when I'm not working in the garden or anything till we can get it repaired. Thank you for reading, I had a blast and I'm on cloud 9, Chug kept telling me that when I did find a ring that it would be bigtime, thank you Chug for your support, love and encouragement, I'm so glad to share this hobby with my best friend! Have a nice day, take care, stay safe and HH! Red:hello:
1.jpg 3.jpg unnamed.jpg [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Upvote 20
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wtg Red It took you long enough to find it You Kicked A$$ this weekend on the Rings Silver and Gold rocks Just Like you Chug

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job very exciting. My wife traded all my gold for a water heater rrrrr Once you find your first others will come quickly Thanks for the great post seems like you have lots of good friends and Family thats the real treasure my friend!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wtg Red It took you long enough to find it You Kicked A$$ this weekend on the Rings Silver and Gold rocks Just Like you Chug
I was scared to pick it up and look, I was afraid I was seeing things, I almost asked Chug to pick it up, but then I remembered that if I want it, I have to pick it up and carry it out, that's why I don't do my nails anymore! :hello2:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job very exciting. My wife traded all my gold for a water heater rrrrr Once you find your first others will come quickly Thanks for the great post seems like you have lots of good friends and Family thats the real treasure my friend!!!!!!!
Oh no! that hurts big time!!!!:BangHead:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome! congrats on the sweet gold ring! may there be many more

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really unique ring. Great job. I'd like to pet the dog.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on gold, that has a very unique shape.. WTG!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one Red!!!!
Wear that gold ring with pride!
Its on her pinky ring finger left hand next to her wedding ring Not going anywhere it will be there permanently after she gets it Cleaned And Repaired Chug small crack where it was Sized

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the gold ring

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the gold!! Great post, I always look forward to them, very entertaining! I'm married to a beautiful red-head too!! I just wish she would detect with me...thx for sharing...Ddf

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first gold ring. It is very unique, wear it proudly!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure like that fine ring, Congratualtions! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread