What's new

Repost (with better pics)

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I know I've posted this on here before but my old phone wouldn't take a good picture. Found it close to home and it's different than anything I've found around here... Never got a for sure answer on I-D of it and I think it looks like several kinds.... Appreciate any help

Central Alabama find IMG_20170502_174732.webpIMG_20170502_175030.webp

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170502_175012.webp
    IMG_20170502_175012.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
I love that color, it reminds me of South Georgia points. It looks like it has an unfinished stem. Am I seeing that correctly, or is it broken?
 
Coosa, from what I see it appears to be woodland period flaking etc. I find a lot of those crude woodland period knifes, points......I also find them hard to type because they seem to be made for function not fashion. Without a definitive refinement as some of the same period types. You are hitting it hard I see. My suggestion is to keep finding new creeks and fields eventually you will find one that really produces. If you find a creek that has quality, flakes, brokes, etc, then it may be time for phase II. Digging. Also don't overlook feeder creeks and small streams.
 
No tonykidd it's not broke, dont know much about the unfinished part though??

And appreciate the insight bookummdano.. I'll find me a good spot one day. I dont think any of my spots are good enough to dig... I wouldnt even know where to start????

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
If there was a name for it Id say Spike. But if used as a knife then knife.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom