Republique Francaise- 1790s French Marine Artillery Cuff button!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all. Did a solo hunt yesterday. My fellow bandits are swamped with work obligations at the moment. I've been poking around the old colonial tavern site and managed to pull this out. A 1790s era French Marine Artillery Cuff button! Its my understanding that French Marine buttons are rather rare and this particular one is even more so because there weren't a whole lot of French Marine Artillery guys walking around back then. Also unearthed [FONT=&quot]a knee buckle, watch winder and a key hole cover. Im including a pic of what the button looked like, before 200 plus years in a sugarcane field tumbler.[/FONT]

Attachments

• french1.jpg
    french1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 132
  • french2.jpg
    french2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 122
  • button french navy.gif
    button french navy.gif
    5 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 18
Wow that's a killer early but in my friend

BIG TIME congrats on that one buddy! I WISH I'd been there to see that come out of the ground. Anytime something comes up down here that's French Colonial--it's an AMAZING day!!

-Buck

Oh yeah Shang!! Beauty button and one for a display favorites section. That cleaned up great - congrats!

Impressive finds and all the others you have listed That sounds like a lot of fun Thanks for sharing those great finds !!!!!!

Very nice button recovery! :occasion14:

Awesome button, that's the first I've seen! I don't get on here as much as I used to but glad to see you're still tearing it up!

Dat ding booklboy needto quit dat wurkin n get diggun!
Cool Button Shane!

Nice! Great button!

These type of buttons is what motivates me.
Thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back