Retiring..........

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....retiring from CRH'ing. I have come to a point where I just will not have enough time for the hustle and bustle that it takes to be successful in this hobby. There is something I have started but never finished so I will pursue that and as they say....."git er done"....ha!

I have had alot of fun and learned a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject of coins along the way.....yet still don't know it all and most likely never will. Oh, let me tell you....I had a ball!!! I really did. Not only have a made alot of friends here in the forum but at many, many banks as well. I appreciate all the support from you folks because ya'll have been great. I mean that sincerely.

I am not leaving TN....just the hobby of CRH'ing. I will still be in here checking on you folks.....I will continue to update the collective totals monthly. I'll will still throw in some jabs here and there as well.

When I stumbled onto the CRH'ing section....never in my wildest dreams thought I would take this hobby and run with it. After I really got going and starting pulling silver I really got into it and thought...this is really fun!! After a while it wasn't so much of the finding silver but the chase became addictive so to speak.

Anyway, I am starting to ramble here so again, I am retired!!! As always, good luck to all of you.

Upvote 0
jonhls said:
yes some marriages last forever and some just seem like it...lol..........good luck lj,can you transfer your 5% fund over to me since you are done with it lol....hh jon
Nice try. Step in line on the fund pal. Senority rules on this board...LOL

Wow. One of my heroes is retiring.

I'll miss you.

But I must say. If I was able to get the silver that you do, I'd do it for a LONG time. YOu seem to have the best talent (it MUST be more than "luck") that I have ever seen. As shown by the fact that recently someone got a dream box, and the way he described it was that he "must have gotten a box from Louisiana".

With an average of only 1 silver per 9 boxes (wow) in 2008 so far (Although I do MUCH better on hand rolls when I get them. That makes my search worth it!) I'm not doing much half hunting by the box, but I know that your searches went much better. I find it hard to believe you could walk from this much fun AND the success you had. But, enjoy what you are going to do next. :-)

Oh - and sorry for causing such a flap a year ago when I talked about you in that CRH article for Western and Eastern. I never thought it would start off such a storm. LOL. Glad you survived it. I did too.

Now, back to my PENNIES - where at least I have some success! :-)

John

I am moving to Louisiana.
I will then need to spend about a million bucks with a plastic surgeon to approach looking like LJ.
Good Luck with your new project, I ll buy them if you get stuck. Jim

Thanks all......like I said, I'll be popping in & out from time to time. That is about all I will have time for. What I am doing is finishing my education. I am very close to getting a business degree and it has kinda been eating at me for a while. I'm going for it!!!

Immy said:
jim4silver said:
This does not mean you will completely stop CRHing. I tried and it is not possible.

I dunno Jim, when a woman makes her mind up about something, I wouldn't bet against 'er.

Sorry to hear you're leaving the search LJ, your totals were legendary and an inspiration to all of us.

Does this mean hubby's giving up his pennies too?

Immy....your a smart man! Yes, my mind is made up.

No, he will continue with the pennies. I tried to talk him into taking over the halves, but........he said we had plenty enough.

jrf30 said:
Wow. One of my heroes is retiring.

I'll miss you.

John

Thanks John.

Silver_Fox said:
jonhls said:
yes some marriages last forever and some just seem like it...lol..........good luck lj,can you transfer your 5% fund over to me since you are done with it lol....hh jon
Nice try. Step in line on the fund pal. Seniority rules on this board...LOL

Wait...wait.....the 5% LJ Silver Fund Foundation never dies......ha! Keep sending that 5%!!!

Silver_Fox said:
Your to young to retire..............LOL. I know you will be lurking and posting. Now just because it's you leaving the game this 'ol Fox won't change his ways. So, WOO HOO, another one out, more silver for me.....cause you know I'm greedy and want it all. Good luck on your next endeavor.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

No SF....don't change a thing. You would be SF if you did. Yes, SF....more silver for you....you can have what is left over here.....still productive!

MalteseFalcon said:
Hey, it was fun hearing of your adventures. ;D

Thanks...like i said....I had a ball!!

klava said:
LJ follow your bliss. We only get one go at it so make the most of it.

Thanks Klava...you are 100% right.....I gotta do this.

solariscool said:
LJ,
Are you going cold turkey or are you going to try to ween yourself off face value silver slowly? ;)

Cold turkey baby.....who needs that 12 step program. That is for those who have no discipline.....ha! Read Immy's post.....he hit the nail on the head.

danny1987 said:
post a pic!

No...no pictures....all in Safety Deposit boxes. I can give you my grand totals if you want.

arkhunter said:
i know what you set your mind on..you will get it done.....go for it :thumbsup:

Thanks.....I will get it done for sure! That is how I have always been....when my mind is made up.....get out of my way.....lol.

Silver Stripe said:
You spent your hunting $$$ on one of them 1000oz bars didn't you. Wish you all the best. Mark

Gosh no.....I still have them in .1479 and .36169 oz rounds....lol.

coolpix9 said:
I am moving to Louisiana.
I will then need to spend about a million bucks with a plastic surgeon to approach looking like LJ.

C'mon on down Papa. Glad to have ya!

You don't need a million dollars......$5 worth of makeup and your in....ha!

LJ said:
Yep.....retiring from CRH'ing. I have come to a point where I just will not have enough time for the hustle and bustle that it takes to be successful in this hobby. There is something I have started but never finished so I will pursue that and as they say....."git er done"....ha!

I have had alot of fun and learned a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject of coins along the way.....yet still don't know it all and most likely never will. Oh, let me tell you....I had a ball!!! I really did. Not only have a made alot of friends here in the forum but at many, many banks as well. I appreciate all the support from you folks because ya'll have been great. I mean that sincerely.

I am not leaving TN....just the hobby of CRH'ing. I will still be in here checking on you folks.....I will continue to update the collective totals monthly. I'll will still throw in some jabs here and there as well.

When I stumbled onto the CRH'ing section....never in my wildest dreams thought I would take this hobby and run with it. After I really got going and starting pulling silver I really got into it and thought...this is really fun!! After a while it wasn't so much of the finding silver but the chase became addictive so to speak.

Anyway, I am starting to ramble here so again, I am retired!!! As always, good luck to all of you.

WOW!!! I can't belive it....With over 4000 40%'s and over 500 90%'s so far this year....it must
have been a tough decision to make....sorry to hear....
GOOD LUCK.....LJ..............

Joe

LJ said:
Thanks all......like I said, I'll be popping in & out from time to time. That is about all I will have time for. What I am doing is finishing my education. I am very close to getting a business degree and it has kinda been eating at me for a while. I'm going for it!!!

Thats what I figured, I have an itching to do the same thing. Best of luck to you.

Bonnie,
Its sad to see u go, however i feel that my silver totals will begin to skyrocket now that ur out of the picture. LOL. Thanks for all the advice and the WAlker before i new what it was like to have a lady walk into my life. Hope u have fun in your next endever. Thanks again.
Keith

I may be down LA way to play poker before the years out. Im almost certain to be in Biloxi before Christmas. If so I'll give you a shout and you can introduce me to some of your friends lol. You seem like a go getter im sure that degree will be yours in no time. I would wish you luck but I dont like to deal in it.

-K

I can understand why you want to retire. When it starts to feel like a job and eats up too much of your free time, then it is time to move on to something else. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your business degree.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Congratulations LJ! I think we both started on this Crh forum at about the same time, and I have sat here in awe of what you have done over this last year and a half or so. Unlike so many people today that think they deserve respect for simply breathing, you have earned the respect of many by dedication, determination and hard work! Your willingness to help newbies, share information, and moderate overheated discussions are such admirable qualities that you bring, that will be sorely missed! If there is ever a CRH Hall of Fame, you will be a first ballot nominee!
The education that you will complete is priceless. Good luck to you.. Gpurs...

LJ,
I wish you all the best on your degree completion. Your wit and passion will be sorely missed. Funny what we learn about ourselves and our dreams about what we like to do and are good at through a treasure hunt for some little pieces of silver. By the way, my definition of retirement would be one or two boxes a week and one road trip a month to those places I know I can find silver and talk to friends along the way.

It will happen like this. You'll be hitting the books and all of a sudden this bank will pop into your head that you got some really good coins from on a road trip a year and a half ago and you will start to wonder.......

All the bank flags in Louisiana are at half mast. Good luck Bonnie, Jim

Hey, sorry I am late on this one but I am seeking treasure here in Peru for a couple of weeks. Actually just visiting family. Anyway, Gosh LJ It sound almost stupid but if CRH had an iconic figure you would be it for us here at Tnet. Thanks for all the ispiration. I wish you the best on getting your degree I too am in the same process. God Bless and thanks.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back