Returned to the same beach as yesterday to see what I missed...recent storm gives up

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
more silver! Still waitin' for it to give up some hidden gold ???

The barrett( which I think is an antique due to the style) gave off a LOUD high sound...I thought "Oh , yeah...here comes another lead sinker:unhappysmiley:"

When I retrieved it, indeed I still thought it was a sinker...shape and color convinced me.. until I turned it to view the back of it.

Also found what appears to be a very old "LL BEAN" small pocket watch, but I can't see any hands or numbers on it...so I really don't know what it is,]

Here's pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF1224.JPG
    DSCF1224.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF1227.JPG
    DSCF1227.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF1236.JPG
    DSCF1236.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1247.JPG
    DSCF1247.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF1233.JPG
    DSCF1233.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Upvote 0
SILVER! Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Lorraine: You seem to go to some "special" spots to pick up the oldies. Do you have competition there?

HH Joe

You are on a roll Lorraine . Your gold will be showing up shortly. Take care -herb

SILVER! Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Lorraine: You seem to go to some "special" spots to pick up the oldies. Do you have competition there?

HH Joe

Hi Joe,

I have never seen any other detectorists at this beach...I prefer "out of the way " old , sparsely populated beaches because I use the isolated, quiet scene to relax, and meditate while I am detecting, but I also have a group of detecting friends with whom I hunt occasionally at the more populated beaches.

cool finds lorraine! the "pocket watch" may not be a pocket watch? at one time i wonder if you attached items(keys) to the clasp and when pulled down they cable would extend and retract?

cool finds lorraine! the "pocket watch" may not be a pocket watch? at one time i wonder if you attached items(keys) to the clasp and when pulled down they cable would extend and retract?

I think you are correct , Seeker41. I never thought of that:lightbulb_off:

Thank you for that info....much appreciated.

Lorraine

Congratulation!!! And congratulation!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back