What's new

Returned to the same beach as yesterday to see what I missed...recent storm gives up

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
more silver! Still waitin' for it to give up some hidden gold ???

The barrett( which I think is an antique due to the style) gave off a LOUD high sound...I thought "Oh , yeah...here comes another lead sinker:unhappysmiley:"

When I retrieved it, indeed I still thought it was a sinker...shape and color convinced me.. until I turned it to view the back of it.

Also found what appears to be a very old "LL BEAN" small pocket watch, but I can't see any hands or numbers on it...so I really don't know what it is,]

Here's pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1224.webp
    DSCF1224.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF1227.webp
    DSCF1227.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1236.webp
    DSCF1236.webp
    70 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF1247.webp
    DSCF1247.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF1233.webp
    DSCF1233.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 0
love the barette. & what an odd watch(?)
 
SILVER! Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Lorraine: You seem to go to some "special" spots to pick up the oldies. Do you have competition there?

HH Joe
 
You are on a roll Lorraine . Your gold will be showing up shortly. Take care -herb
 
SILVER! Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Lorraine: You seem to go to some "special" spots to pick up the oldies. Do you have competition there?

HH Joe

Hi Joe,

I have never seen any other detectorists at this beach...I prefer "out of the way " old , sparsely populated beaches because I use the isolated, quiet scene to relax, and meditate while I am detecting, but I also have a group of detecting friends with whom I hunt occasionally at the more populated beaches.
 
cool finds lorraine! the "pocket watch" may not be a pocket watch? at one time i wonder if you attached items(keys) to the clasp and when pulled down they cable would extend and retract?
 
cool finds lorraine! the "pocket watch" may not be a pocket watch? at one time i wonder if you attached items(keys) to the clasp and when pulled down they cable would extend and retract?


I think you are correct , Seeker41. I never thought of that:lightbulb_off:

Thank you for that info....much appreciated.

Lorraine
 
beautiful old barrette Lorraine! congrats
 
Congratulation!!! And congratulation!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom