What's new

Reuninted!!!

tchaire

Full Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
236
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Hey all-

It's been awhile since my last post, but had to share this. The 1st picture shows(top half) a broken KRF blade/scraper I found Easter Monday while out hunting with brother. My brother thought I might have found the top half of a broken blade he had but as you can see, they don't quite match up. Fast forward to yesterday. My brother went out hunting in the same area and came up with another large piece of a broken blade. (pictures 2 and 3)
He said right away that he knew that it was the other half of the piece I had found. Got it home and sure enough, a perfect fit. Sad that it's broken and based on patina and fit, looks like a pretty recent break...But very happy they are reunited. It's about 4" long and 2.25" wide. Now we have to determine who's collection it goes in!! Thanks for looking.

tchaire
 

Attachments

  • KRF blade 1.webp
    KRF blade 1.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 108
  • KRF blade 2.webp
    KRF blade 2.webp
    120 KB · Views: 92
  • KRF blade 3.webp
    KRF blade 3.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 82
  • KRF blade 4.webp
    KRF blade 4.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Cool finds and material. Congrats on the match up!
 
I like when that happens.

I have a large bi-face I have 1/2 and 1/4 of. I’m looking to put three pieces together.
 
i found three pieces once that fit together that a mustang had stepped on out in the desert, it is always nice to put it all together.
 
Schweeeet!@ Hey the base-finder gets the point! (another post lolol). But it's your Brother, man and this was meant to be! Very cool.
 
Always makes you happy to reunite the pieces,nice knife for sure.
I have been lucky that way, here is one I found the other half more than a year later
 

Attachments

  • 2 piece point.webp
    2 piece point.webp
    455.9 KB · Views: 90
Nice finds , that’s a pretty blade I have never been lucky enough to match up any heart breakers ..... yet
 
Very cool. Always awesome when you can match up a nice piece, most of mine tend to be big broken clunkers, which turn into even bigger clunkers.

Your brother took the first swing at matching and missed, you get the second try. :icon_thumleft:
 
I like when that happens.

I have a large bi-face I have 1/2 and 1/4 of. I’m looking to put three pieces together.

Can you post it quito? Is it made of KRF?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom