What's new

Rev War Bottle???

vayank54

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
2,738
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
A friend of mine found this bottle in South Jersey along the Mullica river in an area where British ships were supposed to have docked during the rev. war. Any info would be appreciated. They found this years ago and packed away and just found it again. I've posted this in the bottles section as well.
 

Attachments

  • 29619_105724786137356_100000995043172_50145_978300_n.webp
    29619_105724786137356_100000995043172_50145_978300_n.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 663
  • 29619_105724922804009_100000995043172_50147_1368528_s.webp
    29619_105724922804009_100000995043172_50147_1368528_s.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 28359_106007429442425_100000995043172_51824_7559423_s.webp
    28359_106007429442425_100000995043172_51824_7559423_s.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 665
  • 29619_105724786137356_100000995043172_50145_978300_n.webp
    29619_105724786137356_100000995043172_50145_978300_n.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 633
  • 29619_105724922804009_100000995043172_50147_1368528_s.webp
    29619_105724922804009_100000995043172_50147_1368528_s.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 664
  • 28359_106007429442425_100000995043172_51824_7559423_s.webp
    28359_106007429442425_100000995043172_51824_7559423_s.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 665
Wow, now that is an oldie & a goodie! It is definitely hand blown, and NICE! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Wow, now that is an oldie & a goodie! It is definitely hand blown, and NICE! Breezie

I don't know enough about the art of 'bottles' to comment, but I know Art when I see it :headbang:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Tag. Very nice :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I'd say yes! (Or at least from around that time frame) :thumbsup: And will add very nice bottle! :thumbsup:

Also known as Persian Saddle Flasks they are believed to date from the late 1700-early 1800's. Some think even earlier. Whatever the case may be, they remain a highly desireable artifact of early glass. This is a very crude example with no damage. A very rough blowpipe pontil. It does not stand on its own and will need support if you desire to display it upright. Needs a good inside scrub.8 1/2" high.
 

Attachments

  • 1_cb9f85af67308d02994147a42ada0214[1].webp
    1_cb9f85af67308d02994147a42ada0214[1].webp
    6 KB · Views: 560
Upvote 0
Those are some really nice bottles! You could get some modeling clay form it out and take the bottle make and imprint of the bottom where the bottle would be upright and the clay mold would be the base, then remove the bottle, let the clay dry, (of course you would have to consider shrinkage of the clay when it dries), then you would have a base for your bottles without having them be supported to be upright.
 
Upvote 0
Man!That is a dandy!Nothing that old out my way
 
Upvote 0
Nice find, not even cracked. I think timekiller got it.

Too old for banner I guess.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Nice find, not even cracked. I think timekiller got it.

Too old for banner I guess.

& not the finder (unless they are a member of Tnet).

It is an outstanding bottle & a valuable one at that! :o
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Nice find, not even cracked. I think timekiller got it.

Too old for banner I guess.

& not the finder (unless they are a member of Tnet).

It is an outstanding bottle & a valuable one at that! :o
The find is too old, not the bottle or the finder lol. :D (not recent find)
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Nice find, not even cracked. I think timekiller got it.

Too old for banner I guess.

& not the finder (unless they are a member of Tnet).

It is an outstanding bottle & a valuable one at that! :o
The find is too old, not the bottle or the finder lol. :D (not recent find)

I know, I added that he was not the finder, so could not make banner.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Nice find, not even cracked. I think timekiller got it.

Too old for banner I guess.

& not the finder (unless they are a member of Tnet).

It is an outstanding bottle & a valuable one at that! :o
The find is too old, not the bottle or the finder lol. :D (not recent find)

I know, I added that he was not the finder, so could not make banner.
Ah, I thought it was British humor. :)
 
Upvote 0
Great bottle Vayank! :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I knew it was old,(mr. Obvious :laughing7:)but thats spot on BC,good I.D!!
 
Upvote 0
it could be rev.war era they were from around that time they are known as onion bottles and were used alot by sailors and merchants who stored their wine in them
 
Upvote 0
SWR said:
BC supplied a link to an item sold on eBay, and a link that warns of reproduction bottles.

Not sure about the "spot on" ID

(note on eBay link: I cannot guarantee the authenticity of the age on this bottle this is sold as is.)
Great similiar pictures!!!!. Timekiller,and BCY
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller made the great ID as a Persian Saddle Flask but didnt post the supporting link. He posted from the link "known as Persian Saddle Flasks they are believed to date from the late 1700-early 1800's. Some think even earlier".. I posted a couple links, one with the same shape (spot on) that sold in 2007.. I cannot find any link authenticating these bottles, so I made no comment. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom