Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ring #37: Another Silver One & Update On Film

Hi all,

The heat here has been unbearable lately..my lawn service slowed down quite a bit so I took the day off and went out for about an hour this morning.

On a whim I drove to a small park near some apartments less than a mile from my house. I checked the wood chips a little over a month ago, but I thought I'd check it again. In about 2 minutes I found ring #37 for the year near the baby swings, which turned out to be silver.

FINDS2-2.jpg

FINDS3-1.jpg

On the way home I decided to check the sand pits at another park, bringing home some change, a small pin and a used roll of film, which I plan to have developed sometime soon..can't wait to see the photos.

FINDS1-2.jpg

Nat

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Re: Ring #37: Another Silver One

Nat, congrats on all the rings. Are they all silver or have you dug some gold ones too? Don't know about the film, might be something you don't want to see. ???
HH and keep it swinging.

Desertfox

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks, only 2 are gold (10K), a few are plated, and maybe 1/4 of my total are silver. The rest are nice but nothing valuable.

I thought of that also about the film, but it was in the sand (volleyball area) so it's probably shots of some games played there (hopefully)!

Nat

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Sweet ring Nat, congrats buddy, it's a nice one. Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Way to go on another silvr ring. That's all I seem to find too. I've found about the same amout as you and only one 14K. Gold just seems to elude me. Congrats on another one!

R

RUDY2003

Nice ring Nat....

Keep safe...

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on that silver, Nat! And ya never know what's gonna be on that film! :D

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

halfdime said:
People still use film?

That is kinda rare nowadays, aint it? Hopefully this weekend I'll see what's on it..more details later..

Thanks all for the kind replies..I haven't posted in a long time, the weather is one reason..the heat is really severe and the lack of rain made the ground rock hard..I'll be hanging around though to see what you all find until things improve.

HH,
Nat

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi all,

I had the film (found in the sand) developed today and there were 4 photos on the roll..just a bunch of guys having a barbecue under the pavilion and playing some volleyball. I was hoping that was all that was on there :D

Here are 2 of the photos..the others showed faces, so out of respect for their privacy I'm only sharing the ones below with you.

VBALL.jpg

It was 103 degrees here today, we beat the old record by 1 degree. It'll be hot tomorrow as well, but we may be cooling off by the weekend and I think we might get some rain also. I really miss digging in soft dirt!

HH,
Nat

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Natman said:
halfdime said:
People still use film?

That is kinda rare nowadays, aint it? Hopefully this weekend I'll see what's on it..more details later..

Thanks all for the kind replies..I haven't posted in a long time, the weather is one reason..the heat is really severe and the lack of rain made the ground rock hard..I'll be hanging around though to see what you all find until things improve.

HH,
Nat
Actually film is making quite a comeback. I use a lot of film. I shoot film, as well as digital. Film still has the edge on quailty over digital in a lot of situations. The instant gratification you get with digital comes at a price.

Paul

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Paul in Wa said:
Actually film is making quite a comeback. I use a lot of film. I shoot film, as well as digital. Film still has the edge on quailty over digital in a lot of situations. The instant gratification you get with digital comes at a price.

I agree..especially when you enlarge the image. Even the difference between VHS tapes and DVDs can be noticed. I recorded a VHS movie on a DVD yesterday, and on some scenes you can see the tiny "boxes" that make up the digital picture when it was copied.

The same goes for LPs and CDs..some people prefer the smooth sound waves (produced in records and tapes) that aren't heard in modern digital recordings.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread