What's new

Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Hi all,

I went out yesterday to a house I've checked numerous times..I came up with 7 more wheats..I must have pulled up 40 of them in this back yard alone!

FINDS1-7.jpg


What's funny is that I wanted to dig signals that didn't even appear to be coin signals..the thick grass and bumpy terrain of the yard made the wheat signals appear to be junk. I'd re-check the hole each time I dug out a clump of earth and the signal would not only get stronger, but change to a more favorable target until the display started showing it was a coin.

I also found an old cross and an old locket..the locket is only the width of a dime, and I didn't know what it was until I looked at it under a magnifyer and saw it could be separated. I was surprised to find an image of Jesus on one side and Mary on the other. (Does anyone know what the letters and intials mean?)

FINDS2-6.jpg


FINDS3-4.jpg


FINDS4-2.jpg


FINDS5-1.jpg


Today I felt like ring hunting so I took off to a few schools and found about $5 in clad and my 49th ring of the year! It was another .925 silver, found in the wood chips.

FINDS7-1.jpg


This 2-ringer bullet was found in a yard where I dug up a 1945 Merc..can anyone tell me what kind of bullet it is or its approximate age?

FINDS8-1.jpg


Thanks,
Nat
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Congratulations on #49. :) I wasn't too impress with # 50 though. ;) ;D :D

40 wheats - that's a lot for one yard.

Bob
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Nice finds Nate,
I wonder what you will come up with next.
I always enjoy seeing your post, because you seem to always have something different that you have found.
HH
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Mirage said:
Congratulations on #49. :) I wasn't too impress with # 50 though. ;) ;D :D

I wasn't either Bob, but I did add it to my collection..I found a kid's tin ring at a school the day I found my last silver one, but didn't consider it in my count.

My wheat count is at 207 so far this year, and all but a few are from private yards..2 yards combined yielded about 80 of them..one yard had about 25 in a 3 by 3 foot area..some kid may have buried them intentionally.

Nat
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Bull Durham said:
Nice finds Nate,
I wonder what you will come up with next.
I always enjoy seeing your post, because you seem to always have something different that you have found.
HH

Thanks, I enjoy hunting the older private yards..I get silver coins plus a wide variety of finds people have lost over the years..I can always tell the yards where lots of people/kids have been..the yards with hardly anything to find are the ones where no kids were, or only had one or two owners.

Nat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom