What's new

Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Hi all,

I went out yesterday to a house I've checked numerous times..I came up with 7 more wheats..I must have pulled up 40 of them in this back yard alone!

FINDS1-7.jpg


What's funny is that I wanted to dig signals that didn't even appear to be coin signals..the thick grass and bumpy terrain of the yard made the wheat signals appear to be junk. I'd re-check the hole each time I dug out a clump of earth and the signal would not only get stronger, but change to a more favorable target until the display started showing it was a coin.

I also found an old cross and an old locket..the locket is only the width of a dime, and I didn't know what it was until I looked at it under a magnifyer and saw it could be separated. I was surprised to find an image of Jesus on one side and Mary on the other. (Does anyone know what the letters and intials mean?)

FINDS2-6.jpg


FINDS3-4.jpg


FINDS4-2.jpg


FINDS5-1.jpg


Today I felt like ring hunting so I took off to a few schools and found about $5 in clad and my 49th ring of the year! It was another .925 silver, found in the wood chips.

FINDS7-1.jpg


This 2-ringer bullet was found in a yard where I dug up a 1945 Merc..can anyone tell me what kind of bullet it is or its approximate age?

FINDS8-1.jpg


Thanks,
Nat
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Excellent finds nat. That is some neat stuff.
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

go natster !!! some cool finds there,, and great little ring !! ;D ;D
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

I always look forward to your posts Nat, great finds as usual.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Lonnie
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Super finds, Nat! 8) Love the cross and locket!
I'm missing hunting those wood chips too. After reading your post..I might have to visit the playgrounds this afternoon! ;D

Congrats! Nana :)
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Excellent finds!!!
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

natman, not sure on the bullet, but, you could try your local catholic priest the words are probably latin, he could probably tell you what it means
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

I love the religious items. Good digs.
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Great finds Nat and excellent Pics.
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Fantastic finds as always, Nat. Love the cross & locket (hope to see what it really is) and as always you find some really nice rings.

;) RR
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

49? Man, you're killing them. Congrats and HH
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Hey nice stuff nate.The last time I was here you were hopeing for gold ring #1.I see a count of 49 so I assume you got the gold and a lot more.
Nice haul ;D
HH
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

nat nice finds as allways

HH
DDEII
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Very nice Nate, WTG!!!
Love the pendant, and your smoke'n on those rings... :o
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

#49...Sweet....Locket even sweeter,Great day Nat!!! Take some measurement's of the bullet,look's pretty modern,blackpowder....HH!!
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Nat,
Congrats on the silver pieces. Some very nice jewelry finds.
You may want to ask Sentinal or Buckleboy on that bullet.
Congrats,
MM
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

dr-quest said:
Hey nice stuff nate.The last time I was here you were hoping for gold ring #1. I see a count of 49 so I assume you got the gold and a lot more.

DOC ! I just about gave you up..hope all's well with you..yes, my first gold ring ever was found I believe sometime in June, a 10K, and my next gold was a tiny nugget ring lost by a grade schooler by the swings.


Thanks MM, hopefully they'll see it here and if not I know who to ask now.

cman, The bullet measures 11/16" tall by 3/8" wide. It was light brown when I found it but I cleaned it up to show the original lead.

Thank you for all the nice comments.

Nat
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Nice recoveries !!!!God Bless and HH..Panz
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

My hunch on the bullet is that it is more modern than CW--I can't ID it for certain because I'm not that familiar with more recent bullet types. I will say this--when you do find a CW-era bullet...it should have a white patina on it. You will want to leave that patina intact. It is contributing factor to the bullet's authenticity.


Regards,

Buckleboy
 
Re: Ring #49, Wheats, Bullet and Old Religious Cross & Locket

Thanks Buckleboy, I knew it most likely wasn't..I dug a .58 cal mini ball some years back and it was about twice the size of this one.

Nat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom