What's new

RING # 5

Peyton Manning

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
15,017
Reaction score
18,979
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no markings, assuming aluminum


003.webp
 
Upvote 28
Very interesting ring,if you see any corrosion or flaking at all then its plated,I doubt its aluminum but if so it will feel very light for its size,it looks like it silver could be very old,Native American,Mexican or made in India would be my guess,happy hunting...shoot
 
seems too intricate for aluminum to me.time to invest in acid test kit the way your year is going.she's a beauty !!

is that the deal where you scratch it on a stone and put a drop on it and watch for color?
 
That's a chunky ring! Nice!
What did your detector say it is? It sometimes gives you a heads up as to what the metal is.

it sounded like the other silver I found, but very close to aluminum too ( my silver and aluminum sound alike)
 
Then you need to test it. :)
 
Congrats, your on a roll!
 
I've found a number of unmarked silver jewelry pieces. And that's where the test kits come in! Use the 18K gold test on it, shows it as silver more clearly. Youtube taught me that!
 
I've found a number of unmarked silver jewelry pieces. And that's where the test kits come in! Use the 18K gold test on it, shows it as silver more clearly. Youtube taught me that!

yup the 18k acid will show aqua bluish.I almost never use the silver solution.also best to test a known piece or coin next to it on stone
 
ok kids, took your advice and ordered a test kit
in a few days we will know
 
Nice color! Perhaps Vintage Bling?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom