๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION RING RETURNED.......AT THE BEACH

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first would like to thank everyone for their comments and encouragement on my post about the positive behavior of people at the beach I encountered this week.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/504940-peoples-behavior-beach.html

That day more than made up for the ring I found in the surf a few days before. As I was recovering the ring our of the sand dumped from my scoop I heard
someone say "No Way........that's my brother's ring!" He just lost it a couple hours age. I thought......here we go!

I asked the man to have his brother come see me so I could return it. He said he is not here. hmmmmmmm.......
When I asked where he was he responded up in the condo in the tower.

I told him I would be hunting for a couple more hours and to have him see me. If it fits I am happy to return it to him.

Sure enough I look up and some guy, maybe 23 or 24, is running full speed toward me from the condo tower. His wife was a bit behind him.
When he tried it on it fit and exactly covered the tan line on his hand! :icon_thumleft: He thanked me as it turns out his wife told him not to go in the water with the ring on. :BangHead:

I asked that they take a picture on my camera of the ring and me returning it. Unfortunately we could not tell if my flip phone took good pictures so they took the one of me returning it with their camera and promised to email it to me. That didn't happen........but that is people. I wanted it to show the other club members.

Anyways the ones with my flop phone of the ring (tungsten but not the point) did come out. But all that negativity was erased by the people in the other post.

Attachments

• Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 200
  • ring 2.jpg
    ring 2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 199

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda disheartening that it was a ring SO recently lost! But at least most everyone had a good ending. ...Need a shoulder top cry on? :laughing9:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great R & R!!! :occasion14:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tcornel; Here is something to cheer you up. I hereby VOTE Honorable Mention. This is EXACTLY what the Honorable Mention List is for. Those who do a good deed and act as an Ambassador for this great hobby. This fits that bill perfectly. I'm glad you have now followed our suggestion to contact the Owner of the item lost to return it to the Rightful Owner. Congrats. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The memory of the look on the fellows face was enough reward. Thank you for the nomination.

Hi tcornel; Here is something to cheer you up. I hereby VOTE Honorable Mention. This is EXACTLY what the Honorable Mention List is for. Those who do a good deed and act as an Ambassador for this great hobby. This fits that bill perfectly. I'm glad you have now followed our suggestion to contact the Owner of the item lost to return it to the Rightful Owner. Congrats. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
karma will reward you sir or ma'am

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason for this post was to show the "kind of down" state of mind I was in before I had that great day at the beach with people in my other post. For several days I wondered if the owner would email the pic as promised. That is asking too much, I guess.

As far as a reward or honorable mention goes my real reward was the expression on the man's face when I returned it.

I think the purpose of this board is to share experiences with others and seek advice or knowledge from others. I had the chance to share and I did. Perhaps someone will remember my experience and return a ring (or anything) to its proper owner.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma points for you! Made one happy and you had the thrill finding it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread