I was a "Dog" person until Simon passed. It was so hard to accept. I missed the companionship, but I could not replace him with another dog, it just was to hard to think about. We had gotten Simon at the Animal Rescue League when he was 11 months old. We decided that maybe a white cat would help. We went to the ARL and they had a white cat who was a bonded buddy with a Black British Bombay. So we took them as a pair. They did not replace Simon, but they proved to me they were an important part of our family. Whether it be dogs or cats or something else, they provide us humans with an attachment.
antMike, back in 2018 I begun a post on pets. Many have posted both their current pets as well as pets who have passed. You are more than welcome to post some of AC on it as well as any stories you would like to share. Many on TNET are extremely proud of their companions, as you are with AC.
Sorry for your loss.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pets/589348-post-your-pet-pictures.html