What's new

River find!

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went Saturday walking a couple gravel bars on the scioto river the river is really low right now so I decided to check out a couple I was there for about an hour & walked up on this point it has been polished pretty good it had to been in the river awhile it looks to be a bifurcate!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    940.4 KB · Views: 182
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    472 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
Beautiful find!
 
Ugly point, but nice find! I for one like the ugly ones!
 
Its been sharpened a lot but its a whole one and a nice keeper. Did you find anything else like scrapers? I like to see all the tools not just the points. Believe it or not everyone has a favorite type of artifact. Lets see the other finds.
 
Rock I didn't find much else just some flakes & a little bladlet!
 
I like unique points....cool find

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Very nice find choo, that'd make me happy for sure!
 
It looks like it's been tossed around for a bit in the water.
 
Is that a Saint Alban (Early Archaic) point since you live in Ohio and I take it, it was found there?


sa.webp
 
Last edited:
That's a beauty. Nice in situ shot too.
 
Great looking Point and I agree on the St Albans type. It looks like it was a little longer at one time, suffered some damage, and was rechipped at that angle. Cool looking piece.
 
That thing is sticking out like a sore thumb...you gotta feel like it was meant to be. Alot of things had to go just right for you to find that...nice point love the material...mjm
 
Last edited:
Nice one choo..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom