What's new

Road trip to silver town - SOLID ROLLS!!!!

Syrys

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Did a mega road trip on Friday. Had to drive almost 100 miles just to get to an area I haven't hunted yet, and it's an area I will be back to soon ;D One town in particular has 10+ banks, and I don't think anybody has ever hunted there before. Nearly every single bank had halves in the trays and in rolls, and some had been there for more than a year apparently. Even better, I scored at least 1 40% from almost every bank I went to.

My best score of the day came from a bank that had just 2 rolls. When I got to my car and opened them, I nearly fainted. They were both SOLID silver! All 40%s, but hey, I'll take them! Words can't describe that feeling you get when you open a roll and see only silver. Here's my totals for the trip:

[4] 1964
[2] 1965
[2] 1966
[24] 1967
[11] 1968
[9] 1969

A total of 52 silver halves, a good start to 2011 :headbang:

jan7.webp​


HH!
~Syrys
 
Upvote 0
It's always a thrill to get rolls of solid silver
Congrats on your finds!
rileyboy
 
Awesome!!!!..Thats always a good feeling...Its funny how nobody can wait to check them things...Anytime i get a box of anything..I leave and find the closest parking lot to start my searching..lol..
 
I thought I told you to leave MY banks alone!! :laughing9:

Great score! :icon_thumleft:
 
I had four in one roll last, and i was excited! I think a solid would give me a heart attack. great score.
 
I have yet to find that magical roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
 
That's awesome! Maybe I should road trip here pretty soon.... Luckily, work puts me on the road alot!
 
:o You had an amazing day there friend - great start to 2011 for you!!! ;D I have never found found a solid roll before but I can't wait until I do!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
holy crap!!!!!! fantastic trip!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!! still waiting 4 my 1st solid roll(s)! keep it up and hh!
 
Nice find! :icon_thumright:

I once pulled 16 64's from a roll. My wife said I actually yelped one I slid the coins out!
 
Excellent Syrys, it sure is a great rush seeing all that glitters when we bust open the roll!
 
I think I might have even yelped a little too, don't really remember because my head was spinning so much. I think I'm addicted :laughing7: That silver is still out there, you just have to go get it!

And welcome to the forum zas667! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome!!!!!!!!! Great scores!!!!! :hello2:
 
never tryed a road trip but i am thinking about it after reading this great suprdave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom