LJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2006
- Messages
- 3,469
- Reaction score
- 19
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I left home bright & early this morning to cash in last nights rejects and then hit the road as planned. I went to a couple of medium sized towns. The first town had four banks and not many rolls but yielded 10 silver halves.
While in this town I called a few banks in the next planned town I was going to about 30 minutes away....the vault teller at one bank said she had $3500 in the vault to come and get it!!! My excitement shot up! The reason I went to these two towns is after doing my homework both towns had a bank that I had an account with so I knew I could dump at that bank.
I bought all but $700 at that one bank....time just ran out on me. I'd buy $1000, go park in a parking lot....go through them....then go to my dump bank. I repeated this process three times. During the three trips I found about 5 full rolls of silver.....love that!
The first time I was there I asked this vault teller (very sweet elderly lady) if she had any large dollars....she pulls out an envelope with three Peace Dollars, a beautiful Franklin and two Walkers. She almost didn't turn loose of the Franklin, but eventually gave it to me. I would have thought she would have 2nd thoughts about the Peace Dollars or Walkers but those didn't seem to interest her in the least....she liked the Franklin because it was in great shape & shiny I guess.
On my last trip she told me to come back Monday to pick the remaining $700, but I don't think I can get there Monday....but will very soon before someone else does. This is a great trip for me....very fun too.
The totals.....
20-64's
10-65's
24-66's
68-67's
62-68's
32-69's
6-Franklin's: 1-52-D, 1-58-D,2@62-D & 2@63-D
4-Walkers: 2@42, 1-44, 1-44-S
3 Peace Dollars: 2@1923 & 1-1923-D
1-Ike 1977
230 Keepers
While in this town I called a few banks in the next planned town I was going to about 30 minutes away....the vault teller at one bank said she had $3500 in the vault to come and get it!!! My excitement shot up! The reason I went to these two towns is after doing my homework both towns had a bank that I had an account with so I knew I could dump at that bank.
I bought all but $700 at that one bank....time just ran out on me. I'd buy $1000, go park in a parking lot....go through them....then go to my dump bank. I repeated this process three times. During the three trips I found about 5 full rolls of silver.....love that!
The first time I was there I asked this vault teller (very sweet elderly lady) if she had any large dollars....she pulls out an envelope with three Peace Dollars, a beautiful Franklin and two Walkers. She almost didn't turn loose of the Franklin, but eventually gave it to me. I would have thought she would have 2nd thoughts about the Peace Dollars or Walkers but those didn't seem to interest her in the least....she liked the Franklin because it was in great shape & shiny I guess.
On my last trip she told me to come back Monday to pick the remaining $700, but I don't think I can get there Monday....but will very soon before someone else does. This is a great trip for me....very fun too.
The totals.....
20-64's
10-65's
24-66's
68-67's
62-68's
32-69's
6-Franklin's: 1-52-D, 1-58-D,2@62-D & 2@63-D
4-Walkers: 2@42, 1-44, 1-44-S
3 Peace Dollars: 2@1923 & 1-1923-D
1-Ike 1977
230 Keepers
Attachments
Upvote
0

No silver in that town. 






