Rock Rocks!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Rock!!! You lucky dog! You are getting a bass pro? I have to drive 3 hours just to brows around. Can't afford any of that stuff I want. If I could, I suppose my drive would be better justified. Lol!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to go to Nashville or Atlanta. Great store for the outdoors person.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNET friends are the best :) Thanks so much Rock! When does your new Bass Pro Shop open?

They just broke ground a couple of weeks ago. Im hoping it will help raise the home values in the area here. Where they are building it I have actually walked in the area last yr. Didnt find a thing so dont bother walking the area it when its built. It will be 20 mins from my house.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One is almost done 5min. From my house.
They must be doing a lot of expanding.

OP
OP
hbrown22

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
They just broke ground a couple of weeks ago. Im hoping it will help raise the home values in the area here. Where they are building it I have actually walked in the area last yr. Didnt find a thing so dont bother walking the area it when its built. It will be 20 mins from my house.

Well, that rules that out... ;)

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great place for a artifact display.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bringing this back up so Heather can read this. Thank you I got it today. I gave it to my daughter and she says thank you. :icon_thumright:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh too bad. Im sure there is pottery some place in your creek with all of the woodland pieces you keep pulling. The site I find pottery in is allot of Mississippian pottery. The field Ill be hunting till January doesnt have pottery as of yet but it is Woodland and late Archaic finds so far. Once the cotton is harvested there is another field Ill be able to hunt across the street and Im hoping there will be something to pluck from the dirt. Wont know till Nov though.

OP
OP
hbrown22

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope to check out the new field tomorrow. They were still working in it today so the kayaks were the back up plan. Allot of litter from the stalks, don't know how much we'll be able to see. He said they were gonna sow, guessing winter wheat. Do they light disk for that? Supposed to get heavy rain Saturday. Hope it does, the rock beds need a good wash!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here the farmer does the same thing. But he leaves the field bare and then puts a cover crop down for the winter. Usually radishes. Seeing he had corn this yr in 2 fields he put that chicken scratch down and then is going to disc it into the dirt. I hope he did it already so when the rain comes this weekend it will be good to hunt next week. He has already put weed killer on it and it was looking bare already before he put the chicken waste on it. I did notice and found it interesting....there was flint chunks in the chicken stuff. Might be artifacts in that there smelly stuff. Ill wait for the rain though, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread