Rock tumbler

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
S

stefen

HarBor Freight's model...it's cheap and why spend money for dirty coins...

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the Rock Shed for Lortone rotary tumblers. The single 3 llb. for $78 + shipping. The double 3 llb. for $105 + shipping. These are the same ones that are sold at Harbor Freight. I've bought replacement belts for mine at the Rock Shed. I tumble a lot of rocks also. These are good little tumblers!! People at the Rock Shed are great to deal with also!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the same Lortone for 15 yrs. Solid tumbler, & thats all I do with it is tumble coins.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Harbor Freight 3lb a few weeks ago for $45 after tax. I've never used one before and it took me a little while to get it working right. But, since then, it has done great using the method the TC links to above.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been thinking about that Harbor Freight tumbler, that, or, Micheals with a 40% off coupon, they got a cheap tumbler too.
I updated that other thread with my bad clad clean fail..... lol. We got some really crusty coins down here, LOL.
Here's that printer tumbler thread, I knew it was floating around somewhere in here....... good for ideas.....

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tool-shed/358466-cheap-home-made-tumbler.html

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this "bad boy"....this is for hardcore rock hounds!! Willjo in Georgia, from the rock forum, was kind enough to send me some pics and info on this tumbler he built. I'm agonna build me one!!:headbang:
Rock Tumbler.jpg

billyrob

Feb 24, 2013
Just bought the Harbor Fry. Double 3lb.today. $53 minus a 20% discount with coupon from harbor freight.com. Haven't used it yet but I used a friend's for gold recovery with mercury and it worked great.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is $24, direct gear drive. Used for five years now. Toy shop. Will try and find the box, for brand name.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that Harbor Freight one has lasted me 5 yrs now. I just clean and dry it good and usally rub oil on the metal lid to keep it from corroding.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my single barrel from Harbor Freight and my double barrel from a garbage sale. I've gone through a couple of belts, but other than that, they are pretty much bullet proof. As I said above, replacement parts come from the Rock Shed....great people to do business with!!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread