What's new

Roman Wood Site - Day 3...(Finished) - 4 Silver!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for another holiday - 4 hours & 45 minutes on my own finishing the site. Second dig Roman Silver! A rare one of Vespasian! (rev: 2 Oxen with Yoke)

I got 3 other Roman Silvers but 2 were very poor.
28 Roman Bronze Coins
Frag of Roman Bracelet
Roman Buckle Plate
Roman Bronze Ring with 2 tone Glass stone on top
2 hobnails

Better than laying on a beach!
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    80.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 2a.webp
    2a.webp
    143.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    122.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    147.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Once again, I bow to your greatness. Jealous yet happy for you.
 
UPDATE:

My mistake about the rare Denarius (Roman Silver), although it has a legend of Vespasian, it's Titus as Dad states below:

'It is not Vespasian but Titus whose Obv is: [T CAESAR] IMP VESPASIANVS and has a COS VI reverse with Oxen AD77-78- Sears 2440 valued at Fine £150 and EF £375'

Which is much better, as it is my first Silver of this Emperor.
 
Last edited:
I love seeing you post up roman coins. They're very unique and are incredibly old. Us diggers across the pond can only dream of making finds like that, and you seem to do it with great regularity. Congrats on another successful hunt.
 
Fantastic! FOUR Roman Silver Day!!!

Congrats!
 
Great finds as always! Well done!! :occasion14:
 
THANKS ALL

I think we have only had 2-3 Roman Silver off this site in the last 2 years combined. 4 in one day is special on any site & proves why this deep plough was so important to us!
 
Way to finish off the field. Great looking coins!!
 
Amazing. Congrats Cru!
 
Too bad that this site is finished...You did very well with 4 roman silvers on one hunt. The Denarius of Titus is in amazing condition and minted nice too. :occasion14:
 
It's never finished in my humble opinion, in the future a deep plough could bring more goodies.

A 4 silver day it's amazing, something not ordinary, I vote banner!!

Congrats
 
It's never finished in my humble opinion, in the future a deep plough could bring more goodies.

A 4 silver day it's amazing, something not ordinary, I vote banner!!

Congrats

Finished for the year before the crop goes in. I have never finished on any of my fields.:occasion14:
 
I though so!! Hahaha
 
As always great finds :icon_thumleft: I like the ring . Jim
 
Finished for the year before the crop goes in. I have never finished on any of my fields.:occasion14:

That's what i mean, a lot of nice finds from this site and we have to wait a litte till you post more. But i guess you will provide us with more finds from your other sites!
 
Great Find ! the Denarius ! I'll vote Banner if this is as rare as the Vespatian you thought it was at first - Excellent none the less ! Argentium.
 
Wow, most of us here in the U.S. dream of finding just one ancient silver, and to find that many... in one day is incredible
 
VERY cool! I really like the top left silver coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom