What's new

Rookies first hunt - possible hammer and point tip...????

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on my first rock hunt today......for about an hour.....along the little choconut creek in Vestal, NY......former home of the Chogonuk Indians,.

Found what I think may be a hammer.....and maybe a point tip??? Opinions please....Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • photo (1).webp
    photo (1).webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 122
  • photo (2.webp
    photo (2.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
The Flint piece looks more like a Flake Knife or Scraper to me than a tip. The other piece is just a natural stone.
 
the first picture look to be a porcelain chip from a toilet tank bowl

sorry but thats what i see
 
Agree with grim possible scraper and if so good 1st fine! Keep looking you will know when you find the real deal! Happy stomping!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Natch....you are prob correct....it is a very light piece...feels like porcelain too. Thnks.
 
GatorBoy said:
Ha ha..sorry

Don't listen to this guy he is from Fla. And has no idea what he is talking about hahaha! Jk gattttaaaa you know I love you!

Johnathan Griswold
 
After clicking on the picture and looking closer I think natchitoches may be correct.
 
I'm glad it wasn't a tire or a boot... I mean no offence I'm sorry sometimes I'm just a tool.
 
Last edited:
i think natch is right
good luck hunting
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom