What's new

Rosette ??

Mac232

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
674
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this in todays finds and will post here too . It appears to be made of copper and is approx. two inches round . The two holes on the side is why I,m thinking it,s not a rosette . Any and all help is appreciated . TIA



Mac


P.S. It is not flat ....... concave on the inside , the outside is raised up .
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0695.webp
    DSCF0695.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCF0696.webp
    DSCF0696.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCF0695.webp
    DSCF0695.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCF0696.webp
    DSCF0696.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 262
Holes make it a mount doesn't have to be a rosette.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I know it isn,t a rosette , but does anyone have a guess as to what it really is ?
 
Upvote 0
It's hard to tell from the photo but the holes seem to be tapered. That to me indicates it was attached with screws. My guess is it was mounted on something as a decorative piece with the "S" signifying the company or brand.

Just my 2 cents.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
The holes are slightly tapered and thanx for your reply Professor . Found at an older home place .
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
It's hard to tell from the photo but the holes seem to be tapered. That to me indicates it was attached with screws. My guess is it was mounted on something as a decorative piece with the "S" signifying the company or brand.

Just my 2 cents.

Daryl

I agree with Daryl. Rosettes usually were lead filled with an attachment set into that lead. It is the right size for a rosette, but that is where the similarities end.

I would also say decorative. Perhaps from a piece of furniture or a trunk.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Decorative S it is then . Consider it solved . I would still like to see an example of one online if anyone finds another like it .



Mac
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom