What's new

ROSWELL NM CRASH SITE.

ALLENAIR45

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WITH INFORMATION(EXACT LOCATION)
ON AN AIRCRAFT MID AIR CRASH 35 MILES ENE OF ROSWELL NM AAF, ON NOV 11,1943.THERE WERE FIVE DEATHS.
THIS WAS AN ARMY AIR CORP AT-11, # 41-27542//CARROLL ALLEN//ALLENAIR45@VERIZON.NET
 
http://planecrashmap.com/list/nm/..................There was only one plane crash in New Mexico in 1943 and no where near Roswell. Click browse by map.

How about 1947? lol Frank...-
hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
am i the only confused one?
 
page doesnt exist?
 
guess someone didn't read the rules
 
It's in the Santa Fe National Forest:
Tail number 29865N
Accident date 29 Jul 1943
Aircraft type AT-11
Location None
Near 35.73333 N, -105.53333 W
Additional details: ALUMINUM
 
What just went down :dontknow:
 
Well I did a little checking, seems the AAIR, lists both serial # 41-27542 and #41-27656 having mid air collisions on Nov 11, 1943. Both listed as ENE of Roswell. 5 killed in the A-11 piloted by Jos Baugh Jr., 3 killed in the other A-11 piloted by James Gleason.

You can contact AAIR to get copies of the accident reports. November 1943 USAAF Stateside Accident Reports

Interesting site, if you think a lot of planes were damaged in battle during WWII, just take a look at what happened stateside.


Found Lt Baugh also. Lieut Joseph Franklin Baugh, Jr (1919 - 1943) - Find A Grave Memorial
 
Last edited:
Who dare ? I just happen to know a lot about things like this, its just a matter if I want to let my mind go there, plus this IS a foil hat subject, and yes I really wear one while at home,...only gets weird when I leave the house and forget I'm wearing it :D

Mike
 
Carroll,

I do not have information about this particular wreck, but I can point you to a couple of forums where you may be able to find more.

Wreck Chasing Forums: Wreckchasing Message Board

I frequently read the Warbird Information Exchange, and crash sites often come up on there: Warbird Information Exchange ? Index page

If you are looking for the location of the 1947 crash, then you should know that never happened. It was only a weather balloon.

On a related note: A local businessman who owns and restores vintage warbirds helped with the excavation of this P-51 crash site many years ago. He was able to identify the aircraft parts for the group that found them (with metal detectors I presume). Mantell UFO incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom