What's new

Rough rider token and v nickel !!

wetfly

Full Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
235
Reaction score
163
Golden Thread
0
Got time after work yesterday to hit an early 1900's schoolyard and got lucky enough to find this 1896 v nickel and also found this token that I can't seem to find anywhere? Anyone ever seen one of these? Rough riders USA 1896-1978 on one side and on the other is an eagle and shield surrounded by 20 stars.it's made of aluminum.
 

Attachments

  • image-1612301067.webp
    image-1612301067.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 226
  • image-1353923212.webp
    image-1353923212.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1452952454.webp
    image-1452952454.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2346251483.webp
    image-2346251483.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 4
awesome finds i like that token:thumbsup:
 
Looks like Rouge Riders. There is a Rouge Riders motorcycle club, were there motorcycles in 1896? I guess it could have started out with bicycles?
 
Nice finds... now the fun of identification for the token comes in to play!
 
Sorry for the poor quality in the pics-- date on the nickel is 1896 and the token says rough riders
1896-1978--- I still can't seem to find an identical one anywhere on the Internet as of yet! It could be from a fantasy fest float as the group rough riders always has a float here every year, but at this point who knows??
 
Also found this square mail and what looks like a .40 cal rifle cartridge? Third cartridge I've found there which tells me it could be old because it has been illegal to fire a gun in the keys for some time now? Does anyone know what older rifles would fire such a big bullet in in key west ?
 

Attachments

  • image-1907635288.webp
    image-1907635288.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image-793046197.webp
    image-793046197.webp
    28 KB · Views: 163
Cool Stuff!... I like that Rough Rider Token!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom