What's new

Round scraper?

johnger1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another rock that I thought might be a scrapper. Thanks for all the past opinions and suggestions, they've been helpful.
DSC08997.webpDSC08996.webpDSC08995.webpDSC08998.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it.
 
Core, maybe? I'd have a hard time giving a name to that one. I generally call 'em 'chunkers' and leave it at that. Keep 'em coming - and happy hunting. Yak
 
Chunker works for me too.
It may be a core ..or just a piece that was flaked a few times then discarded.
I don't see an intentionally made tool there.
actually.. with the sharp contrast in patina where the chips are it looks like it wasn't very long ago that they happened.
 
Last edited:
There's no sign of flaking on one side of the rock, is that why it's a clunker?
 
not much work at all on it,there is no bling on that poor fella..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom