Rum Bottle

rurich

Jun 19, 2022
I found this bottle in the Keys, close to some wreckage sticking out of the sand
rum bottle.jpg
. Was told it rum bottle.jpg was not old and was Dutch. Watching a show on TV that was looking for wreck of Santa Maria. They brought out a bottle of rum from a 15th century Spanish ship wreck that is thought to be the Santa Maria. The bottle they had was identical to mine. I am certain my bottle came from the wreck about 100 yards from where I found the bottle. Not much of the wreck was above the sand but definitely and old wreck and this wreck might be one of the ships lost with the Atocha. I know where it is, as I know, no one else knows the location. I would like to hear from anyone that might know if this bottle is 15 century Spanish. My email is [email protected]

Upvote 7

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bottle in the Keys, close to some wreckage sticking out of the sand View attachment 2032922 . Was told it View attachment 2032922 was not old and was Dutch. Watching a show on TV that was looking for wreck of Santa Maria. They brought out a bottle of rum from a 15th century Spanish ship wreck that is thought to be the Santa Maria. The bottle they had was identical to mine. I am certain my bottle came from the wreck about 100 yards from where I found the bottle. Not much of the wreck was above the sand but definitely and old wreck and this wreck might be one of the ships lost with the Atocha. I know where it is, as I know, no one else knows the location. I would like to hear from anyone that might know if this bottle is 15 century Spanish. My email is [email protected]
Very nice bottle Good Luck with the research

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bottle in the Keys, close to some wreckage sticking out of the sand View attachment 2032922 . Was told it View attachment 2032922 was not old and was Dutch. Watching a show on TV that was looking for wreck of Santa Maria. They brought out a bottle of rum from a 15th century Spanish ship wreck that is thought to be the Santa Maria. The bottle they had was identical to mine. I am certain my bottle came from the wreck about 100 yards from where I found the bottle. Not much of the wreck was above the sand but definitely and old wreck and this wreck might be one of the ships lost with the Atocha. I know where it is, as I know, no one else knows the location. I would like to hear from anyone that might know if this bottle is 15 century Spanish. My email is [email protected]
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So we have to email you with an opinion regarding this bottle.
Seems like there's other reasons, as your post eludes to much towards knowing where this ship lays.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we have to email you with an opinion regarding this bottle.
Seems like there's other reasons, as your post eludes to much towards knowing where this ship lays.
yes, with an email R U Rich. (& putting a live email for everyone to see on the www. is never a wise idea, unless you like scammers)

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when either one or both of you yanks show up it'll be red carpets, all the way down the dock and the best silver service on the salvage boat for tea !!:laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think he said the "A" word too......Atocha !!
Allergy to the pollen is acting up again?
Gesundheit Bart. :)
Nice bottle though-seems really well preserved, from being a beach find.
I would of thought it would have scale/marine life encrusted on the sides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread