Sandford & Son Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks. I headed back to Lawrence Park on the island in the Rock River to see what else lurks around that bridge. Well, TRASH! At least it's old trash so some cool things laying around. I don't think anyone gets back in here much as it's pretty difficult to maneuver over the concrete and steep bank. Loaded with junk all around and even mattresses were heaved down the river bank. Not much for metal finds as I got throne off my initial plan by all the trash I was eyeballing. I reckon my favorite find was the classic old punch top aluminum HAMMS BEER can. Remarkable condition for being probably as old as me! It was the beer my late grandmother "Tootie" Beale drank and she was the biggest Die Hard Cubs Fan I ever knew. Also the first beer I ever drank as I mentioned before I snatched one from her stash when I was in single digits. Found the old Franco American bottle laying along the waterline. I included a link with the companies history. A very fascinating and quite peculiar owner and some very weird stuff surrounding his life. I trekked up the river bank and found a "Hobo" camp. Dug the old Red White & Blue beer can there. Top shelf hobos bunked out here.:drunken_smilie: So as much as I got sidetracked from my metal searching I did enjoy rummaging through this century or more of trash and reckon there's got to be some coinage mixed in this mess somewhere. Still felt like some good therapy so I am content. Have a great weekend Folks! Kurios1

Sanford & Sons Hunt 003.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 004.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 001.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 002.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 006.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 007.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 009.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 011.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 012.JPG Sanford & Sons Hunt 013.JPG

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...c.html&usg=AFQjCNEMcURkHx1p2ZRPiBKGF07qZf4ngg

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome surface finds you got there!
Sweet Franco bottle!
Believe Hamms was one of my first as well lol!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome surface finds you got there!
Sweet Franco bottle!
Believe Hamms was one of my first as well lol!

Ha Ha! Yeah, plans have a way of changing when you stumble across so much old trash laying about. I need to google search the Franco bottle. Hamms, the beer refreshing...:drunken_smilie:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha! Yeah, plans have a way of changing when you stumble across so much old trash laying about. I need to google search the Franco bottle. Hamms, the beer refreshing...:drunken_smilie:

Oh of course they change and i dont blame you.
It appears that it would be a skin cream cork top bottle ca. 1920.
Way cool!
My poison of choice...High Life!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
is it half full or half empty? kind of how different people see what they see, some just see nothing but trash and old bottles and cans that need to be destroyed. others see the hidden prizes among the bad and realize the value even if it is only you that sees it. I have gone through many a dump ground in a small ravine in the backside of a farm or old house place. and you never know what you will find either. The hobos back in the day, had a well worn trail from the railroad through the woods to my grandparent's house. they always left markers that a meal could be had this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread