U USMC18 Jr. Member Joined Nov 3, 2014 Messages 91 Reaction score 127 Golden Thread 0 Location Chautauqua County NY Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 18, 2020 #1 Found this in two pieces in the hole. They each had some weird black soot or something covering them. I thought it was a fabric of some sort because I thought I seen threads. It looks like the two pieces used to be together.
Found this in two pieces in the hole. They each had some weird black soot or something covering them. I thought it was a fabric of some sort because I thought I seen threads. It looks like the two pieces used to be together.
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 19, 2020 #2 Possibly the base for a pin cushion from a Victorian era "sewing bird". Upvote 0
U USMC18 Jr. Member Joined Nov 3, 2014 Messages 91 Reaction score 127 Golden Thread 0 Location Chautauqua County NY Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 19, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Wow interesting! Upvote 0
nhbenz Gold Member Joined Dec 30, 2004 Messages 6,827 Reaction score 6,852 Golden Thread 0 Location Brentwood, NH Detector(s) used White's Classic SL White's Surf P.I. Mar 19, 2020 #4 It reminds me of the medical (hernia) truss pieces we’ve seen here before. Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 20, 2020 #5 nhbenz said: It reminds me of the medical (hernia) truss pieces we’ve seen here before. Click to expand... That's a better guess than mine... Upvote 0
nhbenz said: It reminds me of the medical (hernia) truss pieces we’ve seen here before. Click to expand... That's a better guess than mine...
U USMC18 Jr. Member Joined Nov 3, 2014 Messages 91 Reaction score 127 Golden Thread 0 Location Chautauqua County NY Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 20, 2020 Thread Owner #6 Wow that may be it! I never would have guessed! Upvote 0