Saturday Hunt at Henry River Mill

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was invited for a road trip to MD a area that was a Mill Village from the early 1900's. Tons of trash and hunted hard by others. 52D Rosie (50th for year), D Evans Great Seal Coat Button with loop still on back. Havent been able to determine if WWI or WWII. Bison is a vintage padlock and found some on ebay but no history of company that made them or when made. The silver object has globe 360 and the UL symbol. Then there is the copper V8 Gas Cap. It least I think it is. Ford used that version of V8 in the center in 20's and 30's from what I can find. The side view shows a tab that goes through the metal below. There are four tabs to hold it there. The wings I guesss were used to take it off. My best guess but hoping someone could shed some light on it. The spoon is from a 44' pattern from Easterling and sizes up to what they call a Sugar Spoon. 35.4 grams. Site had rain the day before and alot of it so diging was not bad. The owner didnt allow a shovel to be used so I was pretty lucky it had rained. I dug every coin signal including 19 Lincolns 1Dime and quarter all clad. I only had this one shot at hunting this location so I stuck with the Safari w/11" Pro coil. A great site for a fun hunt.

Attachments

• DSCF2603.JPG
    DSCF2603.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF2597.JPG
    DSCF2597.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF2606.JPG
    DSCF2606.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF2604.JPG
    DSCF2604.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF2605.JPG
    DSCF2605.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
nice silvers, spoon is pretty cool. I found one of those as well

Great finds! Hope you can get back to there sometime soon! There's got to be more!

Nice assortment of stuff.:icon_thumleft:

I've seen alot of old car parts put that is unusual . It does have a the Ford v8 logo from the thirties.

Very cool!
Bunker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back