Saturdays finds

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Saturday's finds

I was able to get out and walk my field on Saturday. A friend of our's had never been looking for arrowheads. She asked me if I would take her the next time I went. My wife called her and said that we would be able to go this past weekend. She was estatic! She showed up at the house early Saturday morning ready to go. On the way over, I was describing to her what to look for and basically a little overview of how we would hunt the field. We got into the field and she walked 10 steps and found a 3 inch lanceolate point. Beginner's luck! We walked along for a little while and I heard her suddenly shriek! I thought she might have seen a snake or something. I turned around and she said "I found another one!" It was a nice stemmed Adena. I thought to myself "You've got to be kidding me!" She had found two within 20 minutes and I had found nothing. I was getting skunked by someone who had never hunted arrowheads in her life! Actually, I got a kick out of watching her react when she found one. It made the whole trip. She ended up finding 5 decent points. I also found 5 points and a couple of celts. She said that it was worth every one of those thousand or so steps it took to find the points. ;D I wasn't able to get a pic of her points, but I did get a pic of the points that I found. Another friend has a grandson who is about 7 years old. He studied fossils part of this year and native americans the other part. I gave him a few points and some fossils to show at school. I'm planning on taking him and his grandfather out to the field this fall after the tobacco has been harvested. Hopefully, he will start out by "skunking" me too. :wink:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• student pictures 001.jpg
    student pictures 001.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's finds

Nice finds Adena_man. It looks and sounds like everyone did really well and all had a great time on the hunt.

Congrats to all on their finds and thanks for the picture of your finds.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds, well done. :thumbsup:

Molly.

Attachments

• mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 256
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 255

unitas

Feb 24, 2008
Northern Ohio

Nice finds. It's fun to take people out who are interested and a lot of fun when they find their first points.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007

Adena_man said:
I was able to get out and walk my field on Saturday. A friend of our's had never been looking for arrowheads. She asked me if I would take her the next time I went. My wife called her and said that we would be able to go this past weekend. She was estatic! She showed up at the house early Saturday morning ready to go. On the way over, I was describing to her what to look for and basically a little overview of how we would hunt the field. We got into the field and she walked 10 steps and found a 3 inch lanceolate point. Beginner's luck! We walked along for a little while and I heard her suddenly shriek! I thought she might have seen a snake or something. I turned around and she said "I found another one!" It was a nice stemmed Adena. I thought to myself "You've got to be kidding me!" She had found two within 20 minutes and I had found nothing. I was getting skunked by someone who had never hunted arrowheads in her life! Actually, I got a kick out of watching her react when she found one. It made the whole trip. She ended up finding 5 decent points. I also found 5 points and a couple of celts. She said that it was worth every one of those thousand or so steps it took to find the points. ;D I wasn't able to get a pic of her points, but I did get a pic of the points that I found. Another friend has a grandson who is about 7 years old. He studied fossils part of this year and native americans the other part. I gave him a few points and some fossils to show at school. I'm planning on taking him and his grandfather out to the field this fall after the tobacco has been harvested. Hopefully, he will start out by "skunking" me too. :wink:

Thanks for looking.
LOOKS LIKE FUN FOR ALL,
WTG Adena and freinds. Always can count on the ex Morehead man to come through! LOL
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread