What's new

Saw a palm tree........

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
...........when I got to the second level of a 5x5x2 box of halves.

I've had keeper JFKs, Bens and even a few Walkers staring back at me when I've opened any of the hundreds of boxes of halves I've gone through over that last 16 months, but never a palm tree.

Care to guess where this coin may have come from ? And what denomination ? Hint: it is approximately the same size (and color) as a CuNi JFK half; as it was found in a machine roll of halves.
 
Upvote 0
Gotta be a Saudi...
 
Casino token from the sands hotel ??
 
??? ??? ???

No idea Thurm......but I'm curious....do tell.........

I know.......it was a mirage....your ready for a vacation and was just thinking about sitting on the beach under a palm tree drinking a pina coloda with that little umbrella in it....ha?? No??

Here is my guess......an Arabic coin.....specifically Iraq?????
 
Does it look like this? Immy said it was a saudi. HH Mark
DSCN1212.jpg
 
Does it have a palm tree in the center with flags on either side of it?

My guess is a 50 centimes from Haiti.

cmhoose
 
thurmownator said:
...........when I got to the second level of a 5x5x2 box of halves.

I've had keeper JFKs, Bens and even a few Walkers staring back at me when I've opened any of the hundreds of boxes of halves I've gone through over that last 16 months, but never a palm tree.

Care to guess where this coin may have come from ? And what denomination ? Hint: it is approximately the same size (and color) as a CuNi JFK half; as it was found in a machine roll of halves.

Well, you all made good guesses, Middle East, Caribbean, Central America. All logical choices where palm trees are native, but this coin is actually from ................




















.................the Philippines: a 2 piso ('89) coin

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin.php?image=img5/142-244&desc=Philippines%20km244%202%20Piso%20(1983-1990)



I use the home page from this link often, to identify foreign coins. It is a good reference and I recommend bookmarking it.


Sorry we had no winners, but thanks for playing the home edition of "Name that Coin" (Johnny, tell us what our runner-up contestants can win tonight..)

Good hunting all.
 
thurmownator said:
thurmownator said:
...........when I got to the second level of a 5x5x2 box of halves.

I've had keeper JFKs, Bens and even a few Walkers staring back at me when I've opened any of the hundreds of boxes of halves I've gone through over that last 16 months, but never a palm tree.

Care to guess where this coin may have come from ? And what denomination ? Hint: it is approximately the same size (and color) as a CuNi JFK half; as it was found in a machine roll of halves.

Well, you all made good guesses, Middle East, Caribbean, Central America. All logical choices where palm trees are native, but this coin is actually from ................




















.................the Philippines: a 2 piso ('89) coin

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin.php?image=img5/142-244&desc=Philippines%20km244%202%20Piso%20(1983-1990)



I use the home page from this link often, to identify foreign coins. It is a good reference and I recommend bookmarking it.


Sorry we had no winners, but thanks for playing the home edition of "Name that Coin" (Johnny, tell us what our runner-up contestants can win tonight..)

Good hunting all.



Lol Thurm neat thread that you started and a great link thanks
 
Here's a pic of my palm tree coin from the Dominican Republic; (next to Haiti)
 

Attachments

  • 905749.webp
    905749.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 211

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom