School is back in... Time to work!!!!!

Either way is fine by me...at this point I know the title and think it's funny :D

I'm all for putting this one in the journal section.
It's a great ongoing story. Let's keep adding to it! :thumbsup:

What he said...
sSig_iagree.gif~original

Clay and Dizzy,

Thanks for the compliments guys! There is going to be a bit of a shakeup here in the near future so be warned. New locations, new partners etc etc etc. I've been researching new areas across the state and depending on what i find and where I find it, a relocation may be in order. The Greaterville area is nice but I want something better. If I can actually find some land that I can buy that has good gold on it I am seriously considering going for it. Besides Arizona, I'm also looking up in east Oregon.

....Washington is pretty nice too...lol

Oregon is only a possibility and nothing is set in stone yet. I have found some patented properties there but I am not sure about me and snow getting along. Send me a text when you can talk and I'll call ya Dan.

Sounds good Jeff, I know I missed you last week. I'll text you sometime tomorrow, or just go ahead and call after 4:00pm.

Jeff
I know it's been a bit. You'll have to fill me in when you've got time. I haven't had that much free time and pains been beating me senseless.
Just haven't been doing a thing on the phone or computer. So I'm trying to change tracks and get moving again. I'm looking to do a couple trips around here. Then hoping after my business slows come October. I could make the trek down there.
I was wondering if you found a 4" fixed buck knife with a sheath from the last outing I was at.
How was your take on those other spots? That dirt from my test hole I'm pretty certain has nothing in it. Unless it's only in the topsoil. I'll still run it but doesn't look good. I'm wondering if around the boulders or even under would be better. You just don't know. Could be a foot away and never know unless detector picks up a nugget.
You guys stay cool and safe.
Oh by the way. My daughter (oldest) has told me I'll be a grandpa.

Hey Garrett,
Congrats to the soon to be grandpa!!!
Yeah... there's been some changes around here but it would be best to discuss them over the phone instead of on-line. Send me a text when you can talk and I'll call ya back. Sorry to hear you've been having to fight the pain so much. I know that sucks. I didn't find a Buck Knife out there and I'm sure that if Chris had he would have let me know.

Shifting gears & location soon

Well folks, As I mentioned earlier things have been shaken up around here in more ways than one. It's looking like I will be re-locating up to the Kingman area and will be going alone. I've been doing research into the Gold Basin area as well as homes in the area between Wickenburg and Kingman. Found some pretty good looking properties for a good price that will fit what I want quite well. Lots of acreage, good geology and even the prospect of gold right on the property. It's looking like I will be doing a lot more drywashing and will have to gear up for that as well. With Kingman being the county seat for Mohave County, at least doing research into claims will be fairly easy to accomplish. It will sure beat having to drive all the way into Tucson @ 2.5 hrs. each way!!!

I might make one or two more trips out to Greaterville before I head north. One in October for sure and if I can get a trip or two in before then, so much the better. I have no idea yet if Robi wants to hold onto the claim out there at this time. If she does I'll help her get all the paperwork done for it. If not I'll let you guys know so if anyone is interested in it you will be able to file on it.

I am in no way leaving T-Net, but untill I get things squared away with my life, the move and everything else, I won't be posting nearly as much as in the past. Good gold to all of you!

Jeff, stay in contact. You have my phone number. I and a few friends are headed to the motherload area middle I sept. NF,SF,Maybe MF if the American river, staying somewhere near Lotus. Hope you are well, take care my friend. I'll see you soon enough.

Jeff what become of Chris? Thought he was in partnership on the filing of the claim.

Well as the filing was never finished beyond staking the noticce of discovery (twice) there's no partnership. He was going to go in on it with us but since I won't be in the area that's pretty much in the wind. Chris was happier working the wash by Kentucky Camp and plans on still going there when he's out from Texas. He like many others on the forum has an open invitation to come out and dig on my claim once I've located a new one (or two or three) in the new area. I still have lots of research to do as well as needing to get boots on the ground though. By switching to drywashing while in the field it will save me from having to haul all that H2O for the recirc system. Will be getting a new detector as well since the one I've been using was on loan from a friend of Robi. I do like that little MineLab Xterra and might get one just like it so I don't have to learn a different machine. Depend on how long it takes for the buyout money to actually hit my pocket will determine when I'll be able to get it. Have to get the house bought, furnished and me moved into it before anything else happens.

The place I'm looking at is about 30 miles South of Kingman. It's already setup for solar and wind power and has a well so I don't have to have water hauled in. (I was surprised at how many places have to have water hauled in.) It's 1886 sq/ft with an actual 2 car garage as well as a seperate workshop which I'll set up as a fabrication area. 28.68 acres of land so I won't have to be shaking hands with my neighbors like in the suburbs. There are also a couple of other places that look good but none of them are set up as well as this one is.

Jeff, I hope this change and move turns out good for you, best of luck with it all!

Sweet Jeff. That's a good setup. Sorry to hear about Robi not coming along. I'll text ya tomorrow. Finally have a moment I think. Lol.

Jeff, hope the move is a good one for you. Sounds like you've
found a nice place to move into, so at least that's off your mind
for now.

Life can indeed be like riding a real nasty roller coaster ride, but
if ya hold on tight to what's important life seems to eventually
smooth out, and better times are on the way.

Looked up your new home; the house looks nice, and I can
only imagine bad you want to get out there prospecting the place.

Kevin: Thanks man. I've been through it all before. I survived it then and came out stronger and I'll do the same this time. I always seem to learn and grow more when I'm not in a relationship so I guess it's time to expand my horizons yet again.

Mike: I put a LOT of thought into what kind of area I wanted to move to. Yes, it's hotter than the hinges of he## there in the summer but I can set up to work at night if I get the right area. It's amazing what you can do with some LED flood lights and a 12volt battery system. ;) At least it will be on BLM land instead of in the National Forest so that's one less federal agency I'll have to worry about.

I'm also seriously thinking of taking one of the extra bedrooms and turning it into a mining research center complete with every map I can lay my greedy little hands on. I just found a new addition to the AZGS site that includes over 5000 new entries as of last month. Mostly mining maps of all kinds. If anyone is interested I'll post a link to the page. As I haven't had time to explore it much yet, I'm assuming that it's all for Arizona. Once I've had a chance to check it out I?ll give a more complete report on it. I think it won't take long before I'm on a first name basis with the employees at the county registars office from researching claims and such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back