Ok, here is a sample from the book. It is copyrighted. Enjoy, and let me know if you think it's written for adults or kids, or both. There are no really "bad words" in it. I have used hell, besturde, stupid, arse, murdalize (murder) and a few other such things.
A HORRIBLE THING HAS HAPPENED
I just don’t know where to start! Last night the four of us went to bed. We had chicken food and blueberries today. I wonder where the blueberries comes from anyway?
Anyways, Big Red was her usual dumb self. Buttercup likes to keep me nice looking, if there is a spot of dirt or food on me she alwayses cleans it off. Little One has for days now been running and running and running up and down and up and down and she’s eating ok and isn’t doing anythings odd.
Well, today, we couldn’t get her up for breakfast. We thought she might have eaten too many blueberries, but she didn’t get up.
When the lady came out Big Red, Buttercup and I came out for breakfast. We was a squaking that something was wrong with Little One. The dumb lady didn’t catch on at first. But then she counted us – one – two –three and looked kinda stupide. So she asks us where’s Little One? The doors were all closed like they should have been. She ain’t bright.
So, she goes to the back of the house and opens it up looking for Little One and makes a real funny noise! Then she makes other funny noises and gets the thing she uses to clean out our house and picks up Little One with it! Little One is NOT MOVING! Not even when the lady came to get her. The crazy lady seemed really upset or mad or maybe she is mad. We watched as she took Little One over to the tree we plays under sometimes and dug a hole in the ground. We yelled at her to tell her we did not want a dirt bath! I didn’t know peoples took dirt baths.
Then to my horror she put Little One in the ground, covered her over and went back in the house. She almost forgot our breakfast and we didn’t not get no blueberries or anything.
LITTLE ONE HAS DIED! SHE ARE DAID! We is not going to see her no more. There is just three of us left. We had never seen anything with a grown hen like this before. When the lady went into the house her face was leaking something wet and she was making funny noises. I hopes she is ok because without her we would die with no food or watermelon!
I don’t know what to think. There are only three of us left! And I do all the typeingg! Big Red don’t know how and Buttercup thinks she’s special and won’t.
Please help us if you can.
Your friend,
Scrambles the Wonder Chicken