What's new

Search of over 100yr old property ends with low find yields

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't find too much of anything interesting a few spoons and buttons and some sort of tiny buckle
 

Attachments

  • 1458694113496.webp
    1458694113496.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 1458694174169.webp
    1458694174169.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 1458694208503.webp
    1458694208503.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 1458694238161.webp
    1458694238161.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 1458694258652.webp
    1458694258652.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 1458694272471.webp
    1458694272471.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 13
What state are you in and what detector are you swinging?
 
At pro small coli and central California
 
*coil
 
Good stuff...I like the Levi Strauss button, fits the style of a 100 y/o button, they were a stud type button that often anchored suspenders to the pants, or button from the fly. I have also found a identical buckle in a 1912 logging camp. Probably a dress shoe buckle. Keep diggin, you'll get that Barber!
 
That can't all be killer hunts. Nice digging anyway man. Cheers
 
Thanks everyone and I'm stubborn I'll keep searching no matter how frustrated I get through heat and cold
 
Just a small nothing town called Atwater
 
A few more things from that day less exciting stuff
 

Attachments

  • 1458849158017.webp
    1458849158017.webp
    116.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 1458849181491.webp
    1458849181491.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 1458849195540.webp
    1458849195540.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1458849215454.webp
    1458849215454.webp
    88.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 1458849233197.webp
    1458849233197.webp
    65.1 KB · Views: 114
A few more junk things from that day
 

Attachments

  • 1458849573127.webp
    1458849573127.webp
    107.7 KB · Views: 100
Congratulations on the interesting spoon recoveries! :occasion14:
 
Thank you
 
I bet the place had been hit? Been there done that. (not your site, but dud sites)
 
Well most the properties around here have been plowed to oblivion so I never expect to find much I use old aerial maps and topographical maps to find which properties had things that are older I'm usually limited to where I can walk to because I don't drive so I've learned to research well and know where all the best chance areas are within walking distances hard part is getting permission because I'm shy with people and feel uncomfortable asking lol
 
Just a small nothing town called Atwater

You are about an hour north of me. A buddy of mine recently hunted an area in Atwater and had some decent luck with silver coins from the 40s and 50s. The area he hit is on the edge of the old Castle AFB. It's now a park, but evidently it used to have some military housing on it. I'm not sure if that's close enough for you to get to, but it may be worth a shot.
 
I know all about Castle but I live in the country and that would be a very long walk lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom