Season 11

TDogger

Jan 22, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Freedom III, Garrett ADS Groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even care about the great big holes in the ground, but I do enjoy the detecting parts of the show. Gary always finds cool stuff, and I don't doubt that he'll eventually find something considered treasure. I would absolutely have a blast detecting that island, and would be proudly posting alot of those finds right here. From what I've seen of Gary swinging and digging, I would say that the majority of us would be more than happy with some of the finds he's made for the laginas. I find myself watching just to see what cool finds Gary will make. I believe that he has extended the shows life by 4 seasons at the least. He seems to be carrying the show, as his finds are often the only thing of interest, and used to push the narrative forward. It's becoming the Gary Drayton detecting show on oak island !! They should just make every episode about metal detecting the island !! Thats what it has become anyway.....the entire show hinging on Gary latest find !!
I fully agree, Blak Bart, as long as what Gary finds are actual finds and not salted finds. We'll never know.

Garry's finds could very well be ringers planted in the script to keep viewers interested. I for one do not agree that finding a small Templar cross is proof that the Templars visited the island. They sometimes take great leaps with their conclusions.

The Oak Island show reminds me of the Ghost Hunters show. Ghost Hunters was almost cancelled during the first season because there were hunting but not finding any phenomenon. All of a sudden, they were finding things in every show. Funny how that works. :laughing7:

Even finding wood deep below is not necessarily proof of anything. I had a friend in Bemidji, Minnesota who was drilling a well and struck wood 60 feet down. The drill operator said it was not unusual in that area because when the glaciers formed more than 12,000 years ago, they mowed down huge forests as they advanced. Some of that wood is still there.

Nonetheless, the Oak Island show is interesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even finding wood deep below is not necessarily proof of anything. I had a friend in Bemidji, Minnesota who was drilling a well and struck wood 60 feet down. The drill operator said it was not unusual in that area because when the glaciers formed more than 12,000 years ago, they mowed down huge forests as they advanced. Some of that wood is still there.

Nonetheless, the Oak Island show is interesting.

The boards placed at the bottom of the Garden Shaft are hard to explain. I don't recall if they've dated them yet but they don't seem to be a random relic of previous searches. It would seem to place very early activity down at that depth.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water sample tests were interesting. I actually thought the garden shaft could have been another way to access a chamber to the money pit or whatever. Kinda of like the hatch idea on Zena’s map. Wasn’t to be had.

Similar to the ship anomaly in the swamp, etc.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should've known, anyone from newyork is completly incapable of recognizing criticizim as anything other than irrational violence. This type of logic, is what is known as first order thinking. It means incapable of recognizing consequences. I'm glad the laws in your area are as outrageous as they are as I can think of no better an individual to have to suffer though them. Enjoy your show.
I see why hate is part of your name, relax. Your exhibiting the same qualities while at the same time you are claiming to be against them....also you might wanna read over those forum rules real quick

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ihatethese, we have rules on insulting members and making political comments, please post by our rules or lose the ability to post at all.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created a new drinking game for the show. Anytime one of the Lagina brothers says “Wow” or Gary Drayton says “Medieval Baby” do a shot.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created a new drinking game for the show. Anytime one of the Lagina brothers says “Wow” or Gary Drayton says “Medieval Baby” do a shot.
Wouldn’t take long to fall out of your chair then! 🤪

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ihatethese banned for not knowing how to act like an adult.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to check to see if the eclipse passed directly over Oak Island, but it only passed near by. I suppose you could draw a line perpendicular to the eclipse path and throw in some more 30, 45 and 60 degree angles to lead to the treasure location. :laughing7:

MisterHelix

Feb 23, 2024
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Ultra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came across this photo labeled
“Oak Island 2030”
hahaha
IMG_0244.jpeg

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say about Oak Island is thank God for my remote control's fast forward.

This show has about 5 mins of useful information per show and the rest is fluff. The only thing of viewing interest is the Garden shaft. I would care less about their family vacation trips to Europe, which are filled with more speculation and add very little to the content.

The swamp is a graveyard for hundreds of years of ship debris, washed ashore by many hurricanes. This is NEVER brought up in the show.

It's time to open pit or drill the hell out of the "Baby Blob" and end the misery.

Back to the remote.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still nothing? Just as I figured years ago

TDogger

Jan 22, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Freedom III, Garrett ADS Groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the History Channel has lots of reality shows that embark on interesting quests, how many have actually found what they set out to find?

The shows are about the hunt, not the find.

BuzzMarshall

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2024
I agree that it may be about the hunt... but for the last couple of years its more like a record that keeps skipping as they keep bringing up old stuff some of which goes back to before the history channels involvement when it was just the bro's...

it is funny tho to see Rick learn new things like Data Data Data... personally i am not even sure Rick knows what a computer is let alone the word Data... beats listening to Marty say Wow i quess.

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
Tonight’s episode was yet another rehash of the rehashes from previous seasons.

And then there’s the, “let’s drill yet another hole AWAY from the area we said contains treasure”.

Erndog72

Greenie
Oct 14, 2023
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
What is Jack even doing in the group? Seems to have no special talent to add, other than throwing in asinine statements and questions more appropriate for an eight year old.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's always excited though!!! and probably gets paid well. For that matter what does most of them actually do. Got the ole ladies doing the grunt work in the dirt finding stuff,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread