OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight’s episode was another big nothing,

Rehashing of storylines, “could it be”, etc.
This week they lay out the timbers from the 100 foot level of the Garden shaft. So far it appears to be a wooden walkway - not complete tunnel components. What would a wooden walkway be doing at 100'?

This week's "could it be" was the Viking Templars, as Dr Doug Symons might say.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they find anything yet?

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As they were discussing the wood floor boards recovered from the Garden Shaft, as they mentioned the "floor", I was wondering why it could not have been the ceiling instead. But I can imagine they they excavated enough around the boards to eliminate any possibility that something supported them from below.

A silver piece is found this week - to start filling Billy's silver haul truck. Unfortunately found on lot 5 instead of the money pit or Garden Shaft area.

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
Tonight’s episode was yet more rehashing of the same stories told for years as well as finding common artifacts and trash from years of folks living on the island.

The show is spiraling down as fast as the legend,

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught the end of the episode. Yet another lame attempt to make a very boring gold gilt button something it isn't. No, it's not a Naval officer's button from the 1700's, it's just a common as dirt civilian button.

Hilarious that one of guy's stated that he hadn't found silver in 40 years! Wow, really dude? That was just a sad attempt to make that silver find appear to be rare, which it is not.

Racer55

Mar 20, 2024
Caught the end of the episode. Yet another lame attempt to make a very boring gold gilt button something it isn't. No, it's not a Naval officer's button from the 1700's, it's just a common as dirt civilian button.

Hilarious that one of guy's stated that he hadn't found silver in 40 years! Wow, really dude? That was just a sad attempt to make that silver find appear to be rare, which it is not.
Are these people total morons?
Go back to the guy who had a treasure chest and 4 keys, everyone got excited about where are the other 3 chests-they were already found by the the 3 original finders.

Now look at the garden shaft,it's the money pit plain and simple,they wonder where the walls and ceiling are-thats where the 90 foot stone was.
Sometimes it's that simple,but then again Rick is a teacher but I expect more from Marty

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
Last night’s episode was just more finding of common junk, rehashing fictional theories, and staging a pump to pump water into the garden shaft so that the cameraman could be pointing at the right spot when the pump was turned on as well as filming the dumas guy getting out.

Of course the pump was stopped after the cameraman finished filming the scene so that they could climb out. After that they ran the pump to fill the shaft more.

”Stopped again by mysterious flood tunnels”.

Erndog72

Greenie
Oct 14, 2023
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
As much as I want this legend to be true, the more cockamamie theories I hear the less I am convinced. I, too, first read and reread many times the story in the Readers' Digest way back when. It always fascinated me. As far as the water intrusion goes, If they ARE hitting the flood tunnels, then they are in the right area. That's why the tunnels are there. Also, why the hell should they be surprised? They think they are in the right location, and the flood tunnels weren't "turned off" when they worked the first time. They still work.
Geez!

OliverHevvy

Mar 27, 2024
The rule of 72 seems odd. Steve Guptal made the measurements I’m sure. But who knows how long a foot was 500 or so years ago?

I also wonder where all the boulders for the stone road came from. The island doesn’t seem to have lots of big rocks naturally.

There are plenty of trees. If you need a temporary road you build a courderoy road. Way easier.

Clearly, something happened on the island several hundred years ago. But what?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the show was cancelled years ago.
Could it be true? Could the show be caught in a timeless time warp.Is it possible that an extraterrestrial ship is at the bottom of shaft 6004. Tune in next week!
lol just kidding guys enjoy the show.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the water intrusion goes, If they ARE hitting the flood tunnels, then they are in the right area. That's why the tunnels are there. Also, why the hell should they be surprised? They think they are in the right location, and the flood tunnels weren't "turned off" when they worked the first time. They still work.
They drilled toward the flooded Aladdin's cavern and are surprised that it flooded into the tunnel? I'm mostly surprised that it didn't happen before this. I don't know how they continue operations from here in the Garden Shaft because they cannot easily drain the shaft to continue work. Perhaps they should bring in the blue clay!

The island wins and the Baby Blob treasure is safe?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
original-1.jpg

There is got be life in the money pit legend yet.

Crow

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumas confirmed that the Garden Shaft is a dead end, with 479 gallons per minute flooding into the shaft. Although they might be able to pump that volume out, it's likely to cause some damage while doing so. But perhaps they could abandon the bottom of the shaft and try horizontal drilling at higher elevation.

Mumble Nolan's cross mumble knights templar vikings mumble mumble ... now you're up to date!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumas confirmed that the Garden Shaft is a dead end, with 479 gallons per minute flooding into the shaft. Although they might be able to pump that volume out, it's likely to cause some damage while doing so. But perhaps they could abandon the bottom of the shaft and try horizontal drilling at higher elevation.

Mumble Nolan's cross mumble knights templar vikings mumble mumble ... now you're up to date!
Not gonna lie I fell asleep watching it. 🤣🤣🤣

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
The garden shaft theory was an attempt to raise interest in the show after 10 seasons had produced nothing.

Killing off the garden shaft now allows them to say, “we were ready to recover the treasure but the flood traps foiled us again”.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread