Season 5

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting DNA results on last nights show. I've said it all along.Whats buried there is of far greater interest than some silly pirates treasure.

Is it possible that the bone fragment DNA tested to be from the Middle East is actually someone from southern Portugal? Let's not forget that there's a long history between the Arab culture and the Iberian Peninsula. It's still very interesting, since the bone fragment could date back to the early days of exploration (1500's / 1600's) when the Portuguese and Spaniards were exploring that region.

Last edited:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the DNA testing of the 2 bone fragments, this season has been very underwhelming. For instance, I can't believe that the 20 minute segment where they came across a local depression and decided to dig a big hole to find nothing, wasn't edited out. I was also hoping that we'd gotten past the weekly island visitor crackpot theories, but another 15 minutes are typically wasted on that. Instead of wasting so much time on speculation, why not tell us a bit more about what was found in the 41 drill shafts other than H-8. Have they found absolutely nothing, even with the metal detection? It seemed that at least in the past they found that metal bracket in GAL-1, so why not dig a big hole near there? Also, earlier in the season the diver was able to detect metal objects inside the cavity. They also had imaging experts map the cavity below using hi-tech equipment. Couldn't they pinpoint the exact location of these metal objects and drill a 6" hole to that exact location? I just feel like everyone knows nothing is down there and are just going through the motions to justify a 5th season.

Last edited:

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just feel like everyone knows nothing is down there and are just going through the motions to justify a 5th season.

Didn't You hear? The mystery is over. It was Sir Francis Drake's coffin they hit when drilling and metal was brought up.
A lead coffin filled with mercury. Can't believe we missed that...:icon_scratch:

Your right about the crackpot, especially when he said they couldn't bring back all the gold on one ship and is why they built a tunnel system to hide the treasure.
Would have been a lot easier to just buy / steal or even build another ship.

Your Bud Aurum

Throbhammmer

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe that the 20 minute segment where they came across a local depression and decided to dig a big hole to find nothing, wasn't edited out. .

I laughed when I read that one. Its been 5 seasons of digging holes and finding nothing

The one thing I found interesting was the coastal mining technique that dates back 3500 years. It is the only time an actual historical explanation has been given as to how cave men were able to bury treasure 150+ ft below ground. I don't know if that mining technique is true, but it for a second or two gave me pause.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next week they find_______________

33,000 E-mails-----------------

a diamond ring-- from Jared, a Hello Kitty bracelet, a Victoria's Secret treasure Chest---

AND---

another blue dress with stains :icon_biggrin:_________________ COULD IT BE__________________:dontknow::laughing9:

rick, marty and the team-- along with "professional treasure hunter" GAWWY...........

YUP>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MORE NUTTIN" :tongue3:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Other than the DNA testing of the 2 bone fragments, this season has been very underwhelming. For instance, I can't believe that the 20 minute segment where they came across a local depression and decided to dig a big hole to find nothing, wasn't edited out. I was also hoping that we'd gotten past the weekly island visitor crackpot theories, but another 15 minutes are typically wasted on that. Instead of wasting so much time on speculation, why not tell us a bit more about what was found in the 41 drill shafts other than H-8. Have they found absolutely nothing, even with the metal detection? It seemed that at least in the past they found that metal bracket in GAL-1, so why not dig a big hole near there? Also, earlier in the season the diver was able to detect metal objects inside the cavity. They also had imaging experts map the cavity below using hi-tech equipment. Couldn't they pinpoint the exact location of these metal objects and drill a 6" hole to that exact location? I just feel like everyone knows nothing is down there and are just going through the motions to justify a 5th season.

Oh you mean where the outhouse once stood? Very interesting...???

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you mean where the outhouse once stood? Very interesting...???

If that was the case, I'm glad they didn't find any samples to have lab tested. :)

Like you said, probably a porta potty used by Dunfield.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit that I haven't watched all of the episodes this year. I just follow the threads on TNet & Reddit forums to find out what's been discovered, then either fast forward my pvr to the interesting part, or don't watch at all. Sounds like I haven't missed much and I am still current. (head shake in disbelief)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone notice on that "square" depression (I thought it looked rectangular) that after that guy jumped in and brushed out all the leaves one side, furthest from the camera, was a few inches higher than the flat area. It had a straight wall going down to the flat area. Someone also pointed out that one corner had 90 degree angles.

If that depression was even five years old you would not see that. What ever happened to erosion? If that depression was hundreds of years old I do not think you would still have a very noticeable rectangular shape. Just a slight concave in the middle.

And not once did I see him run the detector over that spot.

Then later that guy is detecting and I hear hits but he does not even stop or have any of his helpers dig. I would dig every single hit. They are not in a tot lot.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone notice on that "square" depression (I thought it looked rectangular) that after that guy jumped in and brushed out all the leaves one side, furthest from the camera, was a few inches higher than the flat area. It had a straight wall going down to the flat area. Someone also pointed out that one corner had 90 degree angles.

If that depression was even five years old you would not see that. What ever happened to erosion? If that depression was hundreds of years old I do not think you would still have a very noticeable rectangular shape. Just a slight concave in the middle.

And not once did I see him run the detector over that spot.

Then later that guy is detecting and I hear hits but he does not even stop or have any of his helpers dig. I would dig every single hit. They are not in a tot lot.

His metal detector is only set to read railroad spikes, old spoons, 18th century worthless coins and pooter.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
His metal detector is only set to read railroad spikes, old spoons, 18th century worthless coins and pooter.

Sorry to be a grammar nazi but apparently there is no "T" in pooouh.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the "European " Bone was Maynard Kaiser's then the shaft they are digging in has been dug before. I* suppose such an old searcher shaft is likely to be fairly close to the original pit. So it seems more likely that at least they are digging there new hole in the right vicinity. I am disappointed that they have not mentioned the possibility that the bones belong to Maynard.

It is absolutely ridiculous that they keep saying that a large treasure hoard can exist in the pit. There drilling operations would of shown evidence of treasure if there is a massive hoard here

treasure.jpg

There is NO WAY there drill would not have hit something.....

It has become pretty irritating how everytime they find something it must be part of a treasure hoard. "Hey look a piece of book binding... Must be from Shakespheres lost manuscripts..."

They are too many episodes (16) and they are just filling them up with crap....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Knights Templar...Born in the...Middle East?

templars.jpg

Were The Knights Templar Born In The Middle East as Inferred in this Episode?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again they offer the most interesting thing in the "Teaser"

Again in the sneak peek we saw local historian and familiar Oak Island face Doug Crowell revealing that he had found six pages of a ship’s log during his research.

But it was what is written in the log that is interesting: “It has been agreed that a deep pit be dug, and treasure securely buried. The pit to have a secret entrance by a tunnel from the shore.” Sound familiar to anyone?
source: https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...hat-nearly-knocked-marty-lagina-off-his-seat/

They obviously find something this season as shown by these earlier released pics https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...land-season-5-see-the-first-amazing-pictures/

I just wish they would hurry up and get to the finds and not just show us all boring fill....

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some Nut tells them, ...well you might have drilled through a Lead coffin.
Is the big piece of metal Lead.....never tested it cuz that`s just more bull

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Once again they offer the most interesting thing in the "Teaser"

source: https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...hat-nearly-knocked-marty-lagina-off-his-seat/

They obviously find something this season as shown by these earlier released pics https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...land-season-5-see-the-first-amazing-pictures/

I just wish they would hurry up and get to the finds and not just show us all boring fill....

There is no way that hole is 150ft in depth with sides like that and green vegetation. It appears to be a 1900 wood septic tank and they are looking at old poop....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread