SEASON 8

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoiler for this week's show:

They find an incredible stack of stones, possibly in the form of a cellar foundation right next to the stone path. A pub to provide beverages to the workers as they haul treasure up to the money pit? Or could it be Anthony Graves' house, where he hid the treasure he didn't spend?

Later they find that one branch of the path is heading toward the eye of the swamp. Gary finds an old caster wheel - just the thing to wheel items through a tunnel? (I think not because it's too small. It could only roll on a rail or wood floor).

In hole CD2.5 near the money pit, they continue finding wood!

The spoils of old shaft E5.25 are searched and fibers are found. And a small cannonball or grape shot. Could it be from the original depositors? Gary determines it to be blunderbuss ammo from the 16th and 17th century era.
Thanks Mike.. Appreciate the summary.

Totally AMAZING they find a stack of stones next to an old stone road… Who would have thought such a mystery could exist.

One of the previous search groups laid some rail tracks at the pit to dump the dirt when they dug. I imagine lots of old crap ended up in the swamp.

I do not think it is possible to drill a hole in the area and not find wood. It is hardly anything to be excited over. It must mean that area has been dug before and no treasure was found there. So they are still pretending that it has taken them 19 weeks to drill those holes and find nothing.

I do not trust Gary claimed dating of anything. He just says whatever the producers/script want him to say. He knows he will not be challenged on it. A lead ball is very hard to date. I still remember when they we claiming the old spike from a gigging spear was an ancient roman phalanx spear even though it looked nothing like the Roman spear and identical to old Canadian gigging spears. I also see it has never been mentioned again. Gary has zero credibility left. He just makes stuff up.

So in 19 weeks they have found

1. More of an old stone road reported in documents pre 1970s (and multiple documented references after that).
2. More metal traces of habitation on oak island that some may be a few hundred years old.
3. A possible old pine tar kiln. But showed no interest in bringing in J.Steele to explain her naval Stores explanation for the finds on Oak Island.

And nothing else…. How is this show still getting ratings?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3. A possible old pine tar kiln. But showed no interest in bringing in J.Steele to explain her naval Stores explanation for the finds on Oak Island.

And nothing else…. How is this show still getting ratings?

I think they're reserving her appearance for the show's finale, perhaps in season 10 when they decide to cut it off. That explanation will kill the interest of most viewers. The book even has an explanation for the gold objects found in shaft C.

On the other hand, they might just cut it off like the show where they went around searching for giants and ended the show when none were found.

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they're reserving her appearance for the show's finale, perhaps in season 10 when they decide to cut it off. That explanation will kill the interest of most viewers. The book even has an explanation for the gold objects found in shaft C.

On the other hand, they might just cut it off like the show where they went around searching for giants and ended the show when none were found.

why is this stone road under so much soil now, 4-6 ft in places ? It takes a hundred years for falling leaves to make 1 inch of soil approximately.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is this stone road under so much soil now, 4-6 ft in places ? It takes a hundred years for falling leaves to make 1 inch of soil approximately.

That's a good question - it was easier to date the layers of surface deposit under the swamp and arrive at a 300+ year date. It's not so clear with the layers of soil above the stone road. As they exit the swamp, the soil could have been the backfill cast aside in pursuit of the money pit. The artifacts they find among the stone are most important, but as they note in the show there are fewer artifacts among the stones than would be expected for that level of activity. Maybe it was picked clean by previous searchers? To me, the caster wheel appears to be 1800s or later.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
I have a question; Those roads that were built with the stones,..how on earth could ANYTHING be transported over those large rocks? I would not even be able to walk on them without turning an ankle in the first few steps. A cart drawn by mules certainly could not travel that rocky road.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question; Those roads that were built with the stones,..how on earth could ANYTHING be transported over those large rocks? I would not even be able to walk on them without turning an ankle in the first few steps. A cart drawn by mules certainly could not travel that rocky road.

It would seem that originally the top was filled with packed dirt or clay, which would be both durable and easy to travel across. Packed dirt alone would not withstand cart wheels, especially after a rain. A corduroy road could have worked as well, but would not last as long. One theory is that the road was built in the traditional European style which would have been familiar to the Templars back in the day for example.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[QUOTE

And nothing else…. How is this show still getting ratings?[/QUOTE]

LOL It's because YOU watch it every time.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... One theory is that the road was built in the traditional European style which would have been familiar to the Templars back in the day for example.
That is IF the Templars ever voyaged across the Atlantic, then again, the Templars were not known as road builders

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is IF the Templars ever voyaged across the Atlantic, then again, the Templars were not known as road builders

Hola amigos.

I just cannot see the archeology there to support such claims.

People forget Templars was an elite fighting for trained to ride a war horse and wear heavy army to engage foot infantry.. In effect in some respects a precursor to the modern tank. Their mandate was to protect pilgrims in the holy land. That was whole reason why they existed. Not one of those elite soldiers of god ever got their hands dirty as each was assigned their own footman.

So no Templars was ever personally engaged in road construction or any such tasks. That would of been by the peasantry of the time or at best master stone masons of emerging classes at the time. However the archeology does not support it not does common sense.

For example the first known archaeological proven settlements in North America was struggling to survive and ultimately it was not without the help of the local population they survived. Even then some perished.

Here is picture of what the first settlement in St Marys in Maryland in 1634. Shows how much a struggle an European British colony had just survive and feed itself below. That was with 400 years of extra technological growth than the 13th century it was a struggle.

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

For this alleged 13 century colony with resources needed just to survive on oak island to build all those alleged Templar constructions is ludicrous. To survive and obtain fresh water. Oak Island never had the capacity for crops and enough water for population need to support the alleged constructions.

The logistical math is not there nor is the Archeology.

What we see a repeated format from the show "is this rock Templar or this feature and that?" repeating the same over and over selling the concept that the site has a Templar connection. It seems the show is more interested in keeping viewing for advertising revenues than really trying to uncover the real history of site.

That is not archeology Amigos.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday all

what you see with the show is Autosuggestion.

Autosuggestion is most commonly accomplished by presenting (either through caressing or bombarding) one's mind with repetitive thoughts (negative or positive), until those thoughts become internalized. ... Autosuggestion is normally thought of as a deliberate tool, but it can also refer to an unintentional process.

Each show ends with a mystery question then the next show does the same repeating a question about a possible Templar connection? Remember that they are not saying it is but suggesting the possibility by asking the question. The more its repeated the more the suggestion gains traction that it might be true.

Even with no real evidence to support that hypothesis..

The Nazis perfected this based reasoning for propaganda against the Jews and various government have exploited for their agendas. Remember the big sell to go war against Iraq weapons of mass destruction? Media bombarded with allegations but no evidence. Even when the CIA was saying there was no evidence. Repeat the baseless accusation enough and it becomes true in the minds of people.

Cult leaders use the same techniques of bombarding isolated individuals the same questions. Even notice on tv you can see multiple of same adds repeated on TV? Same principle auto suggestion.

And so you can see the same technique used By many pseudo historians to get support for their agenda or bias by create doubt repeatedly by auto suggestion.

Crow

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Crow

One of technique of large mining company's in hiring is weed out those not susceptible to autosuggestion. Most corporations drum the same autosuggestion techniques in selling the companies ethos.

Remember CRA joke Crow the thumb screwing sessions of putting ones head down on the table and a funnel stuck into ones ear and all the BS dribbled down inside. Afterward you come out like a good robot full of auto suggestions?

It a common technique that can be used subtle that even quite intelligent people can be brainwashed without even knowing it.

I remember not only CRA but many companies. Even churches an establish religions do it. It is really ingrained into society.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am hearing ya.

Like with TV soap operas and Reality shows each has to end with a auto suggestion. A question that viewer has repeated been bombarded with suggestion even with no proof. People begin to feel its real. Classic example of people becoming so involved with TV soap opera they think it is real.

Oak Island is doing the same thing the more they keep viewers hooked by auto suggestion. The more the show can make advertising venue. Once this viewer rating fall the show will not be profitable.

What they have done is stretch out some thing could of been done in 3 documentaries.

No wonder we had a flurry of wood be treasure hunting documentary makers flooding TNet for stories. All wanted to copy the Oak Island reality TV format..

Crow

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good question - it was easier to date the layers of surface deposit under the swamp and arrive at a 300+ year date. It's not so clear with the layers of soil above the stone road. As they exit the swamp, the soil could have been the backfill cast aside in pursuit of the money pit. The artifacts they find among the stone are most important, but as they note in the show there are fewer artifacts among the stones than would be expected for that level of activity. Maybe it was picked clean by previous searchers? To me, the caster wheel appears to be 1800s or later.

thanks for the reply, I also noticed the stone road straddles the swamp on one side at that lower elevation, it seems like they could have moved the road just a few yards to the right (as the usual perspective is shown) on drier ground and possibly even no need for stone at all ?!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the reply, I also noticed the stone road straddles the swamp on one side at that lower elevation, it seems like they could have moved the road just a few yards to the right (as the usual perspective is shown) on drier ground and possibly even no need for stone at all ?!

The position of the road is a lingering mystery: as others note - in the 1600s and 1700s, colonists spent most of their energy trying to just survive, yet here they construct a highway network of relative complexity as today's Interstate highways and the island supposedly was teeming with industry?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Perhaps an off-shoot or "reformed" Order of Templars - the "Pavers". Their religious inspiration is Matthew 7:14: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which. leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Last edited:

Mike Mercury

Dec 14, 2015
southwest Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say technically "no." After all, the British brought back Admiral Nelson's body from Trafalgar (near Gibraltar) in a rum barrel. If there was a "King Arthur" he didn't have to be alive to be transported and buried. In fact the latter is usually the much preferred method. Less screaming, kicking and scratching.

hmmm, that gives me an idea; next time my ex-wife sues me again...

:D

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...People forget Templars was an elite fighting for trained to ride a war horse and wear heavy army to engage foot infantry...
What people really forget is that the Templars were an ORDER of monks, and not all Templars were warrior knights.
There were Templar bankers, bookkeepers, candlestick makers, cooks, tailors, livery and stable hands, and so on that worked in support of the warrior knights.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What people really forget is that the Templars were an ORDER of monks, and not all Templars were warrior knights.
There were Templar bankers, bookkeepers, candlestick makers, cooks, tailors, livery and stable hands, and so on that worked in support of the warrior knights.

Those warrior knights needed a road to ride on ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions