Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Those warrior knights needed a road to ride on ...

Perhaps this alleged road on oak island was just like the geological formation like Bimini Road and people are just making wild speculations natural geological formation.

Me personally I think they are getting so desperate to wringing as much form the show they will create mysteries about everything. Next they find an ancient dog turd and will be asking is it Templar Dog turd for the next show?

Stay tuned next week is it a dog turd or not?

I thought the whole project was to find the treasure down the money pit??????

Crow

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those warrior knights needed a road to ride on ...

A common road constructed of common materials shown on photos with previous diggers using it.......yet its a Templar road.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the whole project was to find the treasure down the money pit??????
They gave that up at the end of season 5 when they proved nothing was buried there...

The treasure they are now seeking is the income they gain from running a successful scripted television drama masquerading as a treasure hunting show..

I think they are getting so desperate to wringing as much form the show they will create mysteries about everything.
Yep.. I agree. No one working on that show believes the Knights Templar had anything to do with that road (or anything else on Oak Island) that is why they only bring on kooks and wackos and no proper academics or historians. No one has ever found anything that supports their absurd claims.. No other group of searchers even considered the Knights Templar as possible sources of speculated treasure.

I find it fascinating that their are still viewers out their that believe what they say...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They gave that up at the end of season 5 when they proved nothing was buried there...

The treasure they are now seeking is the income they gain from running a successful scripted television drama masquerading as a treasure hunting show..

Everyone gets bent out of shape by the television drama, but to me it's not as sensationalized as everyone makes it out to be. This whole season is a quite repetitive archeological discovery session, possibly because of Covid. And no one on this forum has proven that no treasure exists, they can only cite lack of evidence. The infamous and always moving Chappell Vault could have been buried in a depression in the ground that did turn into a sinkhole and drop it out of reach of retrieval.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone gets bent out of shape by the television drama, but to me it's not as sensationalized as everyone makes it out to be. This whole season is a quite repetitive archeological discovery session, possibly because of Covid. And no one on this forum has proven that no treasure exists, they can only cite lack of evidence. The infamous and always moving Chappell Vault could have been buried in a depression in the ground that did turn into a sinkhole and drop it out of reach of retrieval.

Since the entire island has been dug up down to hundreds of feet and no treasure has ever been found, that is what most would call a "clue" in regards to no treasure being there....unless of course it is hiding in the space/time warp tunnel some here have suggested exists on the island.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would argue that the Laginas HAVE PROVEN that no treasure exists. They drilled the whole area and dropped metal detectors down all the holes and found no treasure. They than dug heaps of massive holes everywhere they even found a hint of metal and found no treasure. This is proof that no treasure exists in the money pit area.

No evidence of treasure being buried in the money pit area has ever been found by anyone.

No evidence of Chapels vault has ever been found by anyone including Chappel. He found old wood not treasure. The Laginas have found no evidence of anything except previous searchers digs.

What more proof is there...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well there is the family of 1 of the original 3 claiming they found treasure.. and IF they did find it I can see how they may not want to go running around town telling everyone at the time...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well there is the family of 1 of the original 3 claiming they found treasure.. and IF they did find it I can see how they may not want to go running around town telling everyone at the time...
Yep.. I agree. The story told by the decedents is plausible... Personally I would even like to believe it as it does explain the origin of the legend.

But that has treasure buried found at around 10 foot and recovered by the original finders. Nothing indicating any treasure below 10 ft or so has ever been claimed.

The point I am making though really is that is has been proved there is no treasure hoard still buried in the money pit area. This has been proven by what multiple different searchers have found.

To suggest the Laginas have not yet drilled where the original pit is located is not plausible. What they did in season 5 did not allow that to happen as they themselves clearly said in season 5. The general location of the pit has always been known. It is the exact location that was lost. Even Chapel when he dug in the the 1890s was not sure that he was digging on the original pit. But after he allegedly found the Chapel vault he gave up digging and looking for anything. It certainly does not support Chapel believing he had found anything of value.

The legend of Chapels vault was really started in the 1930s when his son was raising money for his search. There are no reports of the original chapel claiming he found a vault that had treasure in it.

Dunfeild showed through chemical analysis the water in the money pit was not coming from Smiths cove.

At the invitation of Boston-area businessman David Mugar, a two-week survey was conducted by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in 1995 (the only known scientific study conducted on the site). After running dye tests in the bore hole, the institution concluded that the flooding was caused by a natural interaction between the island's freshwater lens and tidal pressures in the underlying geology (refuting the man-made tunnel theory)....

Oak Island lies on a glacial tumulus system and is underlain by a series of water-filled anhydrite cavities which may be responsible for the repeated flooding of the pit. This type of limestone easily dissolves when exposed to water, forming caves and natural voids. Bedrock lies at a depth of 38 to 45 metres (125 to 148 feet) in the pit area.

The Laginas have shown the cavities at 200+ feet are natural and not man made tunnels.

Earlier dye tests have the dye escaping on multiple points from the island. No man made tunnel system to multiple points has been found. The Laginas again proved this with there sonic mapping.

When they built the coffer dam the holes in the pit area were still flooding and could in no way be pumped dry. This proves the water was not coming from Smiths Cove.

What is left to be proved...

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just as with the laginas, the family attempts to promote the hoax as well in an effort to be awarded paid spots on cable tv shows...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they were on one episode and yes I'm sure they got paid something but it's not like they are on there every year to be making any real money from their story.. I haven't heard of any book/movie deals for them based on their story... Sure it might just be a tall family tale that has been past down to them but it might also be true...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as with the laginas, the family attempts to promote the hoax as well in an effort to be awarded paid spots on cable tv shows...
They had told that story years before the Laginas started looking for stuff on Oak Island. Their story is documented much earlier. Their are photos of the gold cross form the earlier telling's. This was not created for the show.

However it does not mean it is true. There is no real evidence to support it. Even if the descendants were told the story it does not mean that someone from a previous generation did not make it up.

But if so it had nothing to do with the Laginas TV show.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had told that story years before the Laginas started looking for stuff on Oak Island. Their story is documented much earlier. Their are photos of the gold cross form the earlier telling's. This was not created for the show.

However it does not mean it is true. There is no real evidence to support it. Even if the descendants were told the story it does not mean that someone from a previous generation did not make it up.

But if so it had nothing to do with the Laginas TV show.

Books deals with authors paying them to repeat the story is another way to profit from the hoax as well....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is left to be proved...

If you take this year's show literally, they are exploring a previously unknown tunnel at great depth. Could it be an original depositor tunnel? Could the Chappell vault be floating down the newly discovered tunnel? Not that I think there is really something there, but it is an unexplored corner.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
657 posts without any gold found in Season 8. Oops wrong thread....

In this week's show...

At the 'Anthony Graves foundation', they discover evidence of burning. Could it be evidence of a hearth? When the structure burned down? A pine tar kiln? The words 'Industrial Activity' were voiced, and not in the context of industrial treasure burial. Then they find a forked wooden stick beneath the stones of the path. Dated 1489-1654. Later some hand painted pottery.

At the money pit site, they find disturbed soil on their way to trace the new shaft. Could this be the money pit? Probably not - they lose the trace on the tunnel. So next they will turn their efforts to drilling into the nonferrous targets found by Barringer many years ago near Smith's cove. Could they find a Barringer tunnel?

On lot 26 - Samuel Ball's site, Gary runs it mega treasure finder, the GPX5000 with a 32" coil looking for deep targets! They find a baby ox shoe. Carmen declares it to be Scottish style, 1610-1740's. Did the Scottish Knights Baronets bury gold on Oak Island?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In this week's show...

At the 'Anthony Graves foundation', they discover evidence of burning. Could it be evidence of a hearth? When the structure burned down? A pine tar kiln? The words 'Industrial Activity' were voiced, and not in the context of industrial treasure burial. Then they find a forked wooden stick beneath the stones of the path. Dated 1489-1654. Later some hand painted pottery.

At the money pit site, they find disturbed soil on their way to trace the new shaft. Could this be the money pit? Probably not - they lose the trace on the tunnel. So next they will turn their efforts to drilling into the nonferrous targets found by Barringer many years ago near Smith's cove. Could they find a Barringer tunnel?

On lot 26 - Samuel Ball's site, Gary runs it mega treasure finder, the GPX5000 with a 32" coil looking for deep targets! They find a baby ox shoe. Carmen declares it to be Scottish style, 1610-1740's. Did the Scottish Knights Baronets bury gold on Oak Island?

Wow!!!! Another ox shoe! Totally backs the theory that templars did store a treasure of great importance on the island!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
group-people-laughing-lol-isolated-260nw-1390409888.jpg

In this week's show...

At the 'Anthony Graves foundation', they discover evidence of burning. Could it be evidence of a hearth? When the structure burned down? A pine tar kiln? The words 'Industrial Activity' were voiced, and not in the context of industrial treasure burial.
At some point you would think they will have to openly consider the plausible explanations for the things that have been found on Oak Island.. Still not holding my breath.. Treasure hunt sells more advertising dollars than normal human industry..

So 20ish weeks of drilling and following old wood they find nothing... What a surprise that is...

Thanks Mike appreciate the review..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread