Seated Sterling and Gold

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
I got out a few times this week when weather permitted and went back to the area where I found the '10 s Barber dime. This time I found my first Seated coin of the season, a well worn 1888 dime, a 1904 Barber dime and a 1907 IH. They were all about a foot apart in a straight line so I'm thinking pocket spill. I dug another IH an '06 this time and then I dug the 1911 V nickel took a few steps and thought I had another one and out came the 14K gold ring, it has the year 1911 on it and engraved inside the band is a womans name. The sterling bracelet is from the same area and has a name on it also. I will be making a trip to the library to try to research the womans name as there isn't anyone around here with that last name. I did find several Lesters in the phone book and will just need to decide where to start. I also found the Jimmie Allen Flying Cadet pin complete and intact till I got home and the pin came off the back. The Rosies and wheats are from our club outing yesterday and the '41s Merc is from the old park here. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_1224.jpg

101_1221.jpg

101_1226.jpg

Upvote 0
What a great hunt. Congrats on all those finds!
Bunker

Man O Man, I would have been in heaven if I would have had a hunt like that!

That decorative signet ring is superb, and that 1930's Skelly Oil Jimmie Allen DC-3 pin is very cool!

....and all that silver. My kind of stuff. I'm jealous! ;D :thumbsup:

deano said:
I got out a few times this week when weather permitted and went back to the area where I found the '10 s Barber dime. This time I found my first Seated coin of the season, a well worn 1888 dime, a 1904 Barber dime and a 1907 IH. They were all about a foot apart in a straight line so I'm thinking pocket spill. I dug another IH an '06 this time and then I dug the 1911 V nickel took a few steps and thought I had another one and out came the 14K gold ring, it has the year 1911 on it and engraved inside the band is a womans name. The sterling bracelet is from the same area and has a name on it also. I will be making a trip to the library to try to research the womans name as there isn't anyone around here with that last name. I did find several Lesters in the phone book and will just need to decide where to start. I also found the Jimmie Allen Flying Cadet pin complete and intact till I got home and the pin came off the back. The Rosies and wheats are from our club outing yesterday and the '41s Merc is from the old park here. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_1224.jpg

101_1221.jpg

101_1226.jpg

deano said:
Deano
101_1224.jpg

101_1221.jpg

101_1226.jpg

god bless you! for attempting to locate the owner(s)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Perfect finds - gold, silver, old coins. It always amazes me when people think metal detecting is boring!

Keep us posted on the owners, that ONE HUNDRED YEAR OLD ring might have a grand child or great grand child who would love to have it!

Born Free

That is an inspirational Hunt :o
Great coinage, and really nice old Metals.
kudos on trying to locate the owner :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumright: wow - outstanding finds there man. gold/silver and dimes... it doesn't get any better then that hunt!!!!

What a haul!!! WTG :thumbsup:

Don't get much better than that, congrats on a superb hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back