What's new

semi out of commission :(

Hey jeff!! Sorry to hear you're wounded!! Fibulas heal up pretty good!! Hang in there and you will be back out soon!! Just don't go back to the same spot on the sidewalk!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HEALING!! VERDE!!
 
Get a nice Filipino nurse Jeff....






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
Man I bet that hurt! Sorry you are out of the game for awhile! Hope you heal quick and be careful out there!
 
Ouch!.Heal well,complete and soon as possible.
 
You'll have time to trim them toe nails, lol
 
Sorry your confined to your recliner for a time, get well soon or we're gonna have to get you a motorized cart to go detecting in!
Jeff...psssst...did you kick that gold brick to see if it was real? That's what a gold test kit is for, sheeezzz!

If you can drink a glass of milk or eat calcium containing food daily helps to heal you faster.
And for the love of Pete don't go out and kick it with the other foot !!!

Seriously get well soon!
 
I identify with you. Went down like a giant sack of dinosaur poo about a week ago. Landed on concrete, my left knee getting most of the weight, don't think anything is broke but the left leg is really swollen up. I'm up and walking around, so not as bad off as you, but still not a happy camper. I did get out and swing my detector for a few minutes last Saturday though. Keep your foot up and do what the doc says, and you'll be back at it, even if you have to get a kid to do your digging.
 
Sorry to hear that jeff health problems really suck i was just air lifted to the hospital last Saturday for a heart attack at age 36!!..will be awhile before im out in the dirt myself... get well jeff
 
Sorry to hear that jeff health problems really suck i was just air lifted to the hospital last Saturday for a heart attack at age 36!!..will be awhile before im out in the dirt myself... get well jeff

sorry to hear that dusty :o
I was 29 first time I went to the hospital for a Heart attack.
sucks to be in these situations
 
Feel better, I hate it when that happens
 
Sorry to hear that jeff health problems really suck i was just air lifted to the hospital last Saturday for a heart attack at age 36!!..will be awhile before im out in the dirt myself... get well jeff

Good luck sir....






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
Damn Jeff... I'm almost 59 and shattered my ankle playing basketball in 74'. The broken bones weren't the worse it was the ligaments that took FOREVER to heal. I wish ya the best guy. I flipped an ATV last summer and it landed onto an air cast I was wearing. I had 2 weeks earlier twisted the same ankle badly (hairline fractures) exploring with my grandson.

I know... I KNOW... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING. Still gotta push the limits!!! (I was wrong that day... again).

Jeff.. it will take a LONG TIME even after the bone heals to regain "full strength". And if you pulled, stretched or harmed ligaments it will NEVER be the same (though close).
 
Were you chewin gum at the same time? Just jokin and tryin to give you a chuckle. Sorry to hear about that and hope you're up and around in no time. Do what the doctor tells you. They're always right. Most of the time.
 
Damn Jeff... I'm almost 59 and shattered my ankle playing basketball in 74'. The broken bones weren't the worse it was the ligaments that took FOREVER to heal. I wish ya the best guy. I flipped an ATV last summer and it landed onto an air cast I was wearing. I had 2 weeks earlier twisted the same ankle badly (hairline fractures) exploring with my grandson.

I know... I KNOW... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING. Still gotta push the limits!!! (I was wrong that day... again).

Jeff.. it will take a LONG TIME even after the bone heals to regain "full strength". And if you pulled, stretched or harmed ligaments it will NEVER be the same (though close).

hmm you made me look at the calendar I almost forgot I'll be 59 on june 14th.

doctor told me i should have an operation or may need to wear a brace.
add to that good chances of arthritis if i dont get operation.

down fall if i get the operation, risk of blood clots , heart attack, infections , etc.

i think the brace will be the least worrysome

but may end things for me getting down to dig and back up again :(
 
Were you chewin gum at the same time? Just jokin and tryin to give you a chuckle. Sorry to hear about that and hope you're up and around in no time. Do what the doctor tells you. They're always right. Most of the time.

not chewing gum but definitely thinking and walking at the same time :tongue3:

as far as what the dr told me, i already flubbed that a few times.
using the foot to catch my balance :(

he said absolutely no weight :(
but whatta ya gonna do, I'm no expert on crutches & 200 pounds on the other ankle is definately straining that one :o
 
sorry to hear this but Jeff at your age you have to be more carefull 8-)
 
Good morning Jeff..... It won't take long for the bones to heal but usually when you damage an ankle like this it's the ligaments that really restrict and hurt for a long time. If ya can (pain threshold) I highly recommend moving ankle back and forth and up and down to stretch those muscles and ligaments. It hurts like hell but it will help toward a more mobile ankle later. There's NEVER a good time to do this... but summer has got to be the worse I believe. Best wishes guy.... later, Brad
 
It won't heal fast, and don't push it! I know your pain! I jumped down from a stone wall years ago and landed on a rock hidden in the tall grass. My ankle turned what seemed like 90 degrees in. The pane was immediate and out of this world. Let me just say, did you ever try to drive a stick shift with a heavy clutch from the boonies 30 miles to a hospital? I was off work for 30 days and on crutches for about 3 weeks light duty work repairing computers at a work bench.
The doctor told me that if you just land with just the ball of the foot, you will tear off the ligaments or whatever they are called, on the outside of the ankle. Hay you guys, watch your step. Frank...-
111-1 profile.webp
 
I think I'd opt for one of these instead Jeff. :laughing7:
Sorry to hear you are out of commission. Your legs must have become shaky after pounding those spots so hard. :dontknow: Just think of all the time you get to spend watching those "reality" shows. :thumbsup:
Get well soon,
Doug
Take it easy.

sheesh, isn't that a pic of tater swift?
Jeff would do great with her and miley looking after him!!
 
Hi Jeff; Heel Up ok.!!! :laughing7: Anyways; The same thing happened to my sisters boyfriend. He is a Vice Admiral. On 12/21/13 he went to0 step of the sidewalk and his heel caught the edge of the curb. He also twisted his ankle. Thing is his whole weight came down on the ankle. He literally shattered his ankle and broke every bone in his leg from foot to hip. He has had 5 Surgeries just since Christmas. He is on light duty now.
These freak accidents are BRUTAL.!!! :-\ I broke my back and neck in a freak fall down a flight of stairs. 8 Surgeries later.!! :-[
Anyways, I hope you feel better. Relax and don't push it ok. PEACE:RONB 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom