Semper Paratus

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I was able to get out today to an old CCC camp that I had hunted once before. It is in the woods near my home. The last time I hunted there, I was pretty much skunked coin wise but did find an old toy cap gun. Today, I was using my Cz3d as my etrac is in Louisiana. I was getting a ton of iron signals but kept going. I was on my way back to the truck and got a nice signal at 3 inches. I pulled out a lapel pin. I couldnt see any detail but the back was complete with the pin and clip. I headed home for lunch and did some cleaning. It had the words Semper Paratus at the bottom of the shield and a design that my wife thought was a cactus. I did some research and found out that it is the unit pin for the 12th Cavalry. The 12th was started in 1901 in TEXAS. It saw service along the Mexican border in the early 1900s. It also saw service during WWII. The regiment went 100 miles through Japanese held territory to get to Manila and was the "First in Manila" after the US retook the island. They also saw service in Vietnam and the first Iraqi war. The pin was designed with a cactus to show their beginning in the desert of Texas and first used in 1957. Thanks for looking. TMAN....

Attachments

• 20120114_181352.jpg
    20120114_181352.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 588
Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW that! rocks.......Cool find, my Latin isn't worth a flip but i think it say "always prepared"

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just plain cool! Nice find! Wondering .. Have you ever found a CCC button?

OP
OP
tmanfromtexas

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
creskol said:
That is just plain cool! Nice find! Wondering .. Have you ever found a CCC button?
No I havent. I plan on getting back there soon with my Etrac. I hope to find some more goodies. A CCC button would be awesome. I wouldnt mind finding a few coins too. They have definitely aluded me there so far. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread