Sensative Dowsing rods

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, understood, but i'm not asking how you'd dowse for them with rods, i'm asking about map and photo dowsers, who have no limits on distance, they can look at a picture or map on the other side of the globe, or from a satellite photo taken from a 1000 miles above earth and they claim they can reliably find treasure. We have dozens of them on this very forum who claim such powers and i'm wondering why they didn't go claim the Fenn Treasure?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked it up there is Tin in Meteorites. The box is all Meteorite signals, so I would then use Meteorite Elements, like Nickel, Iridium, or Ytterium. If those Elements aren't with all those box Elements, then it's the treasure.
This is a good example of Elements piggybacking, what I call it. If multiple Elements are in a conglomerate, their signal will ride with the furthest signal, even though it's to little to signal that distance on it's own. If the Gold and Silver are touching each other, both signals piggyback to the long signal, Gold, if that's the most Element quantity. If the Silver in the chest doesnt touch anything else, it can only signal by itself. No piggyback to the furthest signal, be it Bronze or Gold.. I can only make a guess on the distance it could've been dowsed, from the ground, near location. But no way over 10 miles, 10 lbs of Gold. Probably other Dowsers can dowse further. The bigger they are the further they signal.. My furthest target is around 28 miles, Silver ore..

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, understood, but i'm not asking how you'd dowse for them with rods, i'm asking about map and photo dowsers, who have no limits on distance, they can look at a picture or map on the other side of the globe, or from a satellite photo taken from a 1000 miles above earth and they claim they can reliably find treasure. We have dozens of them on this very forum who claim such powers and i'm wondering why they didn't go claim the Fenn Treasure?
I don't and can't map dowse, I need to be near location, boots on the ground, Elements and L-rods.. Doubt anyone will answer that here..

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't and can't map dowse, I need to be near location, boots on the ground, Elements and L-rods.. Doubt anyone will answer that here..
I'm very skeptical of dowsing, not to be rude still find it interesting. I still think very much if I with my metal detector was at the same site as one dowsing I'm thinking my metal detector is going to be bring more success in said situation. Though simply my opinion. I leave to each their own methods.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very skeptical of dowsing, not to be rude still find it interesting. I still think very much if I with my metal detector was at the same site as one dowsing I'm thinking my metal detector is going to be bring more success in said situation. Though simply my opinion. I leave to each their own methods.
I can understand your skepticism. If dowsing power was constant, on all the time, it would eliminate skepticism. But, something turns power on, just dont know what. It's a bummer when it's not on, but I dont have to leave my house to find out.. As far as digging targets, I've never competed against a Metal detector. If we were in a big area, you would surely outdig me in what I call junk. Me, If I didnt signal any Silver or Gold, I would try big iron. If no big iron was present. I wouldn't have much to intrest me. I used to dig pennies and foil and odds and ends, but lost interest, because of only modern stuff 1890+ is around me. Dont get me wrong, I watch and like some metal detecting. But when dowsing power is on, I would have all Silver and Gold targets scanned from my car before I get into the field. I would love to join in one of those competitions some day.. I most likely wouldn't be appreciated being there, if I were finding the goodies only... Keep on detecting, and I'll keep on dowsing, when I can..

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent a few times prospecting near Stanton, Az. In 2017. I was on the Weaver claim near Antelope creek. This area has been hammered, with metal detectors. People prospecting everywhere. I flew in to Az, my buddy picked me up, and I had one week to locate at least 3 of my previous presence dowsed targets. I had mailed him some stuff, and along with it was my dowsing rods. The rods didnt make it till the vacation was almost over, bummer. But when they did come, we returned to Stanton. My 11 inch rods, that I used first, were picking up too many targets. We had a Garrett Atx and checked the spots. I wasn't interested in the smalls, weeding thru all the rocks with trace Elements, is my junk. I switched over to my 17 inch rods. The longer rods only pick up higher quantity of the specific element. In this case I was using Gold. Setting my Gold signal on the ground and then dowsing around it, I had only 1 target within reach of my signal. In all those acres, only one. That one target was about 100 yards from me, down in Antelope creek. We never made it down to on top the target to check depth. Guaranteed, that if that target is retrievable, it's worth money. Probably to deep, or to far into the giant boulders in this creek. I hope to make it back to see what it was. I Love my dowsing, it's very exciting...

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent a few times prospecting near Stanton, Az. In 2017. I was on the Weaver claim near Antelope creek. This area has been hammered, with metal detectors. People prospecting everywhere. I flew in to Az, my buddy picked me up, and I had one week to locate at least 3 of my previous presence dowsed targets. I had mailed him some stuff, and along with it was my dowsing rods. The rods didnt make it till the vacation was almost over, bummer. But when they did come, we returned to Stanton. My 11 inch rods, that I used first, were picking up too many targets. We had a Garrett Atx and checked the spots. I wasn't interested in the smalls, weeding thru all the rocks with trace Elements, is my junk. I switched over to my 17 inch rods. The longer rods only pick up higher quantity of the specific element. In this case I was using Gold. Setting my Gold signal on the ground and then dowsing around it, I had only 1 target within reach of my signal. In all those acres, only one. That one target was about 100 yards from me, down in Antelope creek. We never made it down to on top the target to check depth. Guaranteed, that if that target is retrievable, it's worth money. Probably to deep, or to far into the giant boulders in this creek. I hope to make it back to see what it was. I Love my dowsing, it's very exciting...
Here is the area. I only had one big Gold target within signal distance in this pic. We were standing near the red dot. And I signaled the one Gold target, right at the edge of the creek. Probably a Gold boulder, slight possibly an ore vein. I've chased and been over many veins. You can tell their veins by their dowsable length and shape. But I'd have to have gotten over top of target..

Attachments

• 20211111_101644.jpg
    20211111_101644.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 43

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand your skepticism. If dowsing power was constant, on all the time, it would eliminate skepticism. But, something turns power on, just dont know what. It's a bummer when it's not on, but I dont have to leave my house to find out.. As far as digging targets, I've never competed against a Metal detector. If we were in a big area, you would surely outdig me in what I call junk. Me, If I didnt signal any Silver or Gold, I would try big iron. If no big iron was present. I wouldn't have much to intrest me. I used to dig pennies and foil and odds and ends, but lost interest, because of only modern stuff 1890+ is around me. Dont get me wrong, I watch and like some metal detecting. But when dowsing power is on, I would have all Silver and Gold targets scanned from my car before I get into the field. I would love to join in one of those competitions some day.. I most likely wouldn't be appreciated being there, if I were finding the goodies only... Keep on detecting, and I'll keep on dowsing, when I can..
To each their own. I can avoid most trash well depends on the area. Old sites like homesites trash is easy to avoid, now heavily used parks a lot harder. I'm still very confident a metal detector would put dowsing to shame on in a competition but again my opinion on the matter as a skeptic. No offense intended. As long as you enjoy what you're doing it matters not.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each their own. I can avoid most trash well depends on the area. Old sites like homesites trash is easy to avoid, now heavily used parks a lot harder. I'm still very confident a metal detector would put dowsing to shame on in a competition but again my opinion on the matter as a skeptic. No offense intended. As long as you enjoy what you're doing it matters not.
No offense taken. At first I enjoyed watching all the detecting videos, the history and rarity of some of the finds are cool. But after a while I see most struggle with content. About everyone's revisiting previous spots, hoping they missed something. I'm glad that I can dowse and metal detect. I like the diversity. Presently I can't dowse, so metal detecting is the way to go. But when dowsing power is on, I'd much rather dowse and walk right to the target I prefer, rather than dig every target, and hope it's not trash..

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking for myself the thought crossed my mind to pursue it but honestly I just found the whole thing to be too boring to try even once. Do we really know all the methods that were used by the guy who actually found it? I don't think he would have revealed everything.
They say it has been found, but wont reveal the answer so people dont go look for leftovers. I'm more interested in the Touson ring.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a long time not dowsing, I started back doing it again every day.

Surprisingly, when I picked up my rods again, I felt awkward about it, but I could still located targets.

I can only conclude that for me, the ability to dowse comes from within, and practicing often is required to not feel awkward.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread